• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Suitable PIP? Please comment =) (1 Viewer)

princessm0ni

HSC
Hey guys, im thinking of doing my PIP on BEAUTY and what it is defined as in society today..
Its still quite raw and vague but im basically thinking of asking questions such as..

Does external beauty dominate inner beauty in today's society?

Does society's view of beauty(external) today differ from that of 50 years ago? (e.g. body size)

Is beauty an affliction in society?

So thats all ive got so far.. Please comment, I would love to know what everybody thinks =)
Also does anybody know what aestheic beauty means in this context? Ive tried looking the word up in the dictionary but I cant seem to understand what it means!

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
to be frank, a girl in s&c in the year above me did something very similar, and did very badly.
its not only over done, but, the connection between it and soicety and culture concepts often gets marginalised in all the 'omg u shdnt judg pplz bi thur looks'

whats your cross cultural perspective?

princessm0ni

HSC
when you say it can get marginalized in the "you shouldnt judge people by their looks" i was thinking more along the lines of researching into how large a role physical appearance plays in society, for example how a seemingly 'beautiful' person may recieve benefits in every day life i.e. doors being held open for them, better service in retail stores..

but then again how an 'ugly' person can be more appealing to one than a 'beautiful' person (inner beauty) and looking into that..

and about the cross-cultural perspective i havent thought that far ahead but maybe seeing which country has the highest plastic surgery which obviously shows they place high value on appearence

Last edited:

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
ahhh
ok.

i still say its risky.
you should probably start with a mind map (im a big fan of mind maps) of how your topic relates to s&c, and all the things youre considering having in your pip

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)