• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Suspected Virus (1 Viewer)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
I think i may have a virus on my pc or something, as i have gotten warnings from Norton Antivirus and Microsoft.
Nortons Antivirus says this:
"Alert: Malicious script detected
Object FileSystem Object
Activity GetFolder
Your computer is halted and needs to do something about this scipt
File BackWeb-8876480.exe
What do you want to do?"

I have also gotten a medium risk warning from Internet Security saying BackWeb-8876480.exe is attempting to access the internet using one or more unrecognised modules.
Program C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\BackWeb-8876480.exe
Module C:\Program Files\Norton Antivirus\SCRIPTUI.DLL

Micrsoft Data Execution Prevention says this:
To help protect your computer, Windows has closed this program
Name: Run a DLL as an App
Publisher: Microsoft Corporation

Last edited:

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
dun worry, its nothing.

why did you install logitech desktop messanger anyway? you can saftely uninstall it.

asscookie

dork.
HSC
It's spyware/adware that comes bundled with the software for some digital cameras etc.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
dun worry, its nothing.

why did you install logitech desktop messanger anyway? you can saftely uninstall it.
I dont remember seeing a option for it so i didnt didnt unclick it, how can i uninstall it (can i do it the normal way) or is it a different procedure

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
melsc said:
Can't you do it the normal way...add/remove programs?
I dunno havent checked and wanted to know from someone who has had this prob before or had logitech before, also how would i get rid of the adware/spyware if thats what it is
Note: I dont trust Adaware, its caused me problems in the past

Last edited:

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
melsc said:
thats a download one...but if you go to the PC-Cillin site...i think the company is called trend-micro they have housecall which is like a free online scanner...otherwise check out the antispyware solutions on www.download.com...they are rated and everything :) Good Luck
I have forgotten how to make a restore point, can u help us out

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
melsc said:
Restore point??? Sorry what is that?
Windows XP Home edition, never mind turns out it is just bad programming by Logitech and not spyware/adware

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
Korn said:
I have forgotten how to make a restore point, can u help us out
Right click on the My Computer icon (if you don't know how to get to it, go to your C drive and go up a couple of folder levelsor alternatively click Start and right click on the My Computer there.
Anyway go to Properties and the System Restore tab is there. Check to make sure it's on. Then you can proceed to make a System Restore point under Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore

melsc said:
Restore point??? Sorry what is that?
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=...S:official&oi=defmore&q=define:System+restore

Last edited:

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
RCMasterAA said:
Right click on the My Computer icon (if you don't know how to get to it, go to your C drive and go up a couple of folder levelsor alternatively click Start and right click on the My Computer there.
Anyway go to Properties and the System Restore tab is there. Check to make sure it's on. Then you can proceed to make a System Restore point under Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=...S:official&oi=defmore&q=define:System+restore
Yeah i know how to set it on auto, i was meaning manually, like say i want one at 11:10pm tonight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)