• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Switching to Economics? (1 Viewer)

sk202020

HSC
N/A
Hey,

I'm currently in year 11 taking Modern History and I'm not enjoying the subject at all.
I was thinking about switching to Economics but was wondering if there will be too much for me to catch up on? Considering it's halfway through the year and all.

Axio

=o
HSC
I don't know if you would be allowed to change subjects this late? But you have so far missed out on a little more than half the course so yeah... lots of work.

Ncm

HSC
People at my school switched subjects throughout the term. Someone who changed to eco is now topping it. If its something you'd be interested in then go for it.
What you study in the first half of year 11 can be easily studied if you're committed.

Machiavelli1

HSC
Tbh, it's not that hard to catch up, and if you think you will keep Eco till the end then switch, otherwise do jack all in history and then drop it

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
If youre willing to work really hard for the rest of Y11 at it, obtain shit marks (because you don't really understand the content properly), and start fresh in Y12, then go for it. I love economics, it's a great subject. Your marks/content knowledge should be up-to-standard by the time you begin Y12, with a bit of extra help from an economics teacher.

Last edited:

Fiction

HSC
Dude I switched from Ancient about 6 weeks into the course and it's so effing hard to catch up. It doesn't help that economics according to my teacher is a linear subject ;-;

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
Economics is a very content based subject and the theory alone isnt easy to understand since everything links to everything else. But honestly, if you're willing to memorise and learn everything from scratch then i say go for it!

dim-sims

HSC
I would say it's a bad idea but ehhh so long as you work your ass off during the hsc then you should be fine because prelim doesn't really matter that much. Just do whatever you want.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Keep in mind that Economics is challenging. The foundation (ie the first few lessons) really introduce you to the language of economics. If you have friends who are doing it or who have completed HSC and are willing to help you to think in the "Economics way" then you have a very good chance of catching up. Overall I think that Year 11 eco is way easier than year 12. It's all about understanding Economics. So you must decide on a way to get this first. Best of luck ! You can do it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)