• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Tape recorders (2 Viewers)

Jonathan A

HSC
Korn said:
thanks, but im not sure what specs are important and which have best mics

If you are going digital, ensure that memory exceeds 64MB, allow for digital connectvity to computer otherwise its just recording and erasing (waste of time).

Simple features to look out for, ensure it has voice activation and simple features to rewind and fastforward (some don't and it will annoy you). Some recorders will have special lecture modes, that are able to pick up the lecturer from long distance, however it also tends to pick up noisy students at the back.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Before you rush out to buy a recorder you should really see if you can handle writing in lectures. Its not that bad, and you don't need to write very fast, just jot down the main points. If you can do this you can save some money.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
How do u know what the main points are, cause really isnt it all important otherwise they wouldnt teach it

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
You do realise that lecturers usually teach their lectures through powerpoint presentations so you can see what they are talking about ... and they use the powerpoint presentation as a overhead projector so you can see everything.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
No, not really, i thought they just stood there and talked. Cause thats the impression i got from my father.

PS. Shit the teachers at my highschool taught that way alot, guess it wont be that difficult getting used to

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Thats the way I first imagined it as well. But most of them use powerpoint, however I did have a lecturer last year you couldn't use computers, but she just used overhead projections anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)