• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

"The Big O" Festival - Uni O-Week Music Festival (1 Viewer)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Having wowed Splendour In The Grass back in August, The Music and The Fratellis return to our shores in February for The Big O. Cooked up by Secret Sounds, The Big O is ‘an annual orientation week’ that will travel to the country’s campuses. The mini-festival is set to visit Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra, Wollongong and Newcastle in the precious days before classes kick off again. You don’t need to be a student to head along either.

Now to the line-up. Could there be any better raise-a-beer-and-shout-along bands than The Music and The Fratellis? Both bands’ Splendour sideshows were rip-roaring affairs, and The Big O dates will be the only place to see them in February. The third headliner is our very own Ben Lee, whose current single I Love Pop Music is predictably spreading like wildfire. Rounding out the bill are party bands par excellence Bluejuice, Yves Klein Blue and Cassette Kids.

The Big O touches down at the following uni campuses throughout February and March. Tickets on sale 12pm Friday 19 December.

Thursday 26 February – Monash University, Clayton Campus, Melbourne
Friday 27 February – University of Sydney, Manning House
Saturday 28 February – University of Queensland, St Lucia Campus Amphitheatre, Brisbane
Tuesday 3 March – Australian National University Bar and Refectory, Canberra
Thursday 5 March – University of Wollongong, The Great Hall & Uni Bar
Friday 6 March – Newcastle Uni, Bar On The Hill & Outdoor Surrounds

oooooooooo

I didn't get to see 'the music' properly at splendour, or the fratellis but I heard they aren't that good live anyway. I'll go to this fo sho.

lolunsw.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Fratellis were fucking terrible, will not be in attendance

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
hurrrrrrrrrrr live bands, poorer quality + douchefags everywhere.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
i barely even listened to strength in numbers, think i bought it though....yeh i did...check out their past 2 albums before strength in numbers, and they don't have an indie sound at all imo...it's just rock, at least their best songs are.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I heard that 'strength in numbers' song a few months back, and it sounded like every other indie band out there. They're boring.
But aren't you a standard indiefag??? QUIT CONFUSING ME

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)