• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The F1 Thread (2 Viewers)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
re: The Official F1 Thread

Team 1A said:
I personally am a Christijan Albers fan :) Go Spyker!
That's as bad as OJ being our resident Zsolt Baumgartner fan. Albers has no talent, no luck and no clue. If he doesn't best rookie Sutil (who I can see going on to bigger and better things), he'll lose his seat.

Also, join this game if you haven't already done so. It's a Massive Multiplayer Online Game called BATracer and it's completely free. Sign up, join an event (F1 2002, F1 '06, F1 '07, Le Mans, ChampCar, V8 Supercars, A1GP, F1 1986, BTCC or Caterham Sevens) and the line-up of chassis, engine and tyres plus a few driver traits and you're set to play. You get to practice, qualify, warm-up and race. By changing the sliders under car setup, you can adjust your car to get the optimum times. Likewise, you can change sliders to alter qualifying and race strategies and driving style. I haven't actually won any races yet (or scored any points for that matter) as I was stuck driving a piece of crap Honda (car stats are supposedly updated after each real-life race to reflect performance, but we never got any even when Honda were consistent, yet Super Aguri got a major engine upgrade after Bahrain where both Sato and Davidson's engines packed it in ...); now I'm in the A1GP driving for Catalunya (I'm not using my real name; look for "Andrew Reynolds").

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

:rofl:

Do you have any private game free spots in batracer? Want to join a F1 2007 comp? We need a few more people to get the grid full :)

But theres only crappy cars left, like toyota, I think the renaults have been reserved.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Cape said:
:rofl:

Do you have any private game free spots in batracer? Want to join a F1 2007 comp? We need a few more people to get the grid full :)

But theres only crappy cars left, like toyota, I think the renaults have been reserved.
Nope, sorry. I can only play one game at a time, and right now that's the A1GP.

By the way, it's possible to win with the likes of Super Aguri and Red Bull ...

Team 1A

HSC

ObjectsInSpace said:
That's as bad as OJ being our resident Zsolt Baumgartner fan. Albers has no talent, no luck and no clue. If he doesn't best rookie Sutil (who I can see going on to bigger and better things), he'll lose his seat.

Also, join this game if you haven't already done so. It's a Massive Multiplayer Online Game called BATracer and it's completely free. Sign up, join an event (F1 2002, F1 '06, F1 '07, Le Mans, ChampCar, V8 Supercars, A1GP, F1 1986, BTCC or Caterham Sevens) and the line-up of chassis, engine and tyres plus a few driver traits and you're set to play. You get to practice, qualify, warm-up and race. By changing the sliders under car setup, you can adjust your car to get the optimum times. Likewise, you can change sliders to alter qualifying and race strategies and driving style. I haven't actually won any races yet (or scored any points for that matter) as I was stuck driving a piece of crap Honda (car stats are supposedly updated after each real-life race to reflect performance, but we never got any even when Honda were consistent, yet Super Aguri got a major engine upgrade after Bahrain where both Sato and Davidson's engines packed it in ...); now I'm in the A1GP driving for Catalunya (I'm not using my real name; look for "Andrew Reynolds").
I never said he was any good :haha: :p
He is a rich boy with no talent but I still rekon he is pretty mad.

At least he drives better than the Honda looks :) haha

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Fuck, no. If the Hondas were as good as they looked, JB would be the Golden Boy of the British media instead of Hamilton. Sure, Lewis would have been impressive, but the Hondas would have been incredibly quick. They're the best-looking F1 cars since ... well, forever.

And don't discount them; remember in 1998(ish) the Jordans were pieces of crap, but when they introduced the B-spec car mid-season, they went on to their their first victory at Spa. Honda know how to win, but they just made stupid decisions, like firing Geoff Willis. Even Gil de Ferran, the guys in the pits and the drivers are saying Willis' replacement is completely out of his depth. They need to bring him back; the sooner, the better.

Team 1A

HSC

JB would of had alot more success by now if he wasn't beating around the bush at Honda.

I think the Jaguars were the best looking F1 car. They glitered in the sun. The Honda onboard shots look kinda strange, but surely they could of thought up something better than that to promote themselves. The Hondas looked best when they were BAR and had the 555/Lucky Strike design. The 555 looked awesome!

I think I can remember watching that Spa race. Was it raining and Damon Hill won it and I think Ralf Schumacher was in the other Jordan? Was only a young whipper snapper then, don't rememer much.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

I remember the 555/Lucky Strike design when BAR first started out. I never worked out how Jacques Villeneuve and Ricardo Zonta managed to sleep at night by advertising two different cigarette brands ...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Aren't Honda introducing their B car at this race?

Haven't read much about it, but I swear that they were? Or maybe it was France that they are introducing it?

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

They said "Spain", which became "Canada"; but I've heard "Great Britain" (which will suck, because that's round 8 of 16 ...).

Also, congratulations are in order to Lewis Hamilton on his first pole position! The grid looks like this:

1 - Hamilton
2 - Alonso
3 - Heidfeld
4 - Raikkonen
5 - Massa
6 - Webber
7 - Rosberg
8 - Kubica
9 - Fisichella
10 - Trulli
11 - Sato
12 - Liuzzi
13 - Barichello
14 - Coulthard
15 - Button
16 - Speed
17 - Davidson
18 - Schumacher
19 - Kovalainen (took a penalty when his engine packed it in during Saturday practice)
20 - Wurz
21 - Sutil
22 - Albers

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Poor Heikki :( His troubles are never ending.

Star of qualifying would have to be Heidfeld. BMW obviously learnt their mistake from Monaco.

Hoping for a good race tonight; apart from the Lewis Hamiliton worship show at 3am.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Yeah, I am a little tired of hearing about Hamilton. Sure, he's a brilliant driver and I respect that, but the F1 world doesn't revolve around his sensational efforts. I know it sounds harsh to say that, but there are twenty-one other men on the circuit. I'm sure they deserve some time in the sun (except Schumacher).

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Shove him in a Spyker and he'd be useless. The kid got lucky, thats all. Lets see how he handles the start tonight being on pole.

Better still, I can't wait for Silverstone when the British go mental over him. Lets see Ron protect him like a little baby.

ITV still won't even shut up about him, even if he DNF's on the first lap. Geez.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

I don't think he just got lucky, Cape. It's the driver that makes the car, not the other way around. Hamilton has proved he can hold off even the Ferraris, and have you seen his driving style, particularly in multiple-corner complexes? He's got this surgical precision that not even Michael Schumacher had. But you just hate him because he's out front in a car that isn't red. I'm sure you wouldn't be whinging if he was driving for Ferrari.

That said, I think he's eclipsing Kovalainen and Sutil a little too much. Sutil might be in a slightly-better-than-shit Spyker (Mike Gascoyne developed it, after all), but he's consistently quicker than team-mate Albers (who, I might add, has had three years' experience already), even on tracks he has never seen before. Likewise Kovalainen, who has simply had bad luck most of the way through bar over-driving in Melbourne (though I was under the impression engine penatlies did not apply if an engine blew during practice or qualifying and was subsequently changed).

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Anyone care to take bets as to who will be the first into the Wall of Champions tonight?

My money's on Ralf and Albers, possibly Sato.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Congratulations are once again in order to Lewis Hamilton for taking his maiden victory.

But damn, Kubica's accident on lap 26 was bad. Apparently he's fine, though.

Here's the final standings:

Hamilton
Heidfeld
Wurz
Kovalainen
Raikkonen
Sato
Alonso
Schumacher
Webber
Rosberg
Davidson
Barichello
Trulli (Accident, lap 58)
Liuzzi (Accident, lap 54)
Massa (Disqualified, lap 51)
Fisichella (Disqualified, lap 51)
Albers (Front wing, lap 50)
Coulthard (Gearbox, lap 36)
Kubica (Accident, lap 26)
Sutil (Accident, lap 21)
Speed (Accident, lap 8)
Button (DNS, Gearbox)

Massa and Fisichella were disqualified for exiting pit lane when it was closed; Alonso and Rosberg were awarded ten-second stop-go penalties for entering during the same window.

Chelsea FC

HSC
N/A

I feel so sorry for Jenson:(

Why must he be feeling right now?

Cmon Jenson - I'm behind you

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Heikki had a engine change penalty because engines used on Friday free practice are not the race engines, whilst Saturday free practice are the race engines.

Kubica's crash made me feel sick. Aparently he doesn't have a broken leg, but I doubt he'll be allowed to race in Indy. Just glad he's ok. Theres a picture floating around of the crash where you can see his feet hang out the end of the cockpit :eek:

Now what were you saying about Sato hitting the wall of champions :D

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

I said Sato was a possibility. My money was on Ralf to hit it first, then Albers.

mat2154

HSC

i don't think hamilton is lucky, he has real talent. coulthard was a test driver and put in a similar situation after senna's death, he was in the williams car, the best at the time. I think it took him 8 or ten races to even get a podium

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Yeah, but you have to understand that Cape goes catatonic if the car out front isn't one of the Prancing Stallions. She automatically hates anyone who wins if they're not in a Ferrari. Take Jenson Button at Hungary last year; when he beat Michael Schumacher, she was furious!

Also, I believe Kubica is fine save for a concussion. This is why we don't have flexible aero aids; if one of them were to come off in mid-race, accidents like Kubica's would be regular occurances. I do agree with Cape on the count that he probably won't be driving at Indy. If it were any other circuit, I think the drive rin question would be fine, but given Indy's banking and the lateral g-forces the drivers experience there, I don't think Sid Watkins is going to clear him to race.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)