• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Greatest Rap/R'N'B Album Ever? (1 Viewer)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
wow. just, wow.

dark arsenal this has NOTHING to do with LR being released last year. It is just not a classic, college dropout is much much better (except for 'breathe in, breathe out'). It is a great album i am not taking anything away from it, I am not going to overrate it and add to it though I give it as much credit as it deserves.

and a big NO at stillmatic being better than illmatic, damn how the fuck can stillmatic be better than illmatic when it has a song like braveheart party nas was clowned for that song by his fans. life after death is good but not as good as ready to die at all. You obviously value beats over lyrics.and thats wierd because imo the production on 'ready to die' shits on the production on 'life after death.' Hmmm life after death did have more party, modern beats on it like 'hypnotize' thats prob why you like it? u like mainstream beats.

i hope the other two were joking.

Last edited:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
icraig88 said:
ive just seen a recent album by mos def....

mos def - we are hip hop; me you everybody (4 cd)

any1 know if its any good and where 2 get it from on the net???
Word on the street is BOXDEN, nigger.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
darek_arsenal said:
Looks like your into West-Coast rap....

2001 > Doggystyle > Beg for Mercy
rnb doesnt = rap

its doggystyle>2001>beg for mercy and none of them are the greatest...doggystyle is classic but noway is it the best...snoops lyrics are pretty wack...how many times does he wanna say "i keep coming up with shit everyday with my nigga dr dre"

haha beg for mercy is basically NY rap

and the best commercial rap album of all time in my opinion is illmatic....

LMAO at redrum typing nigger haha

Oddy Nocki

HSC
N/A
darek_arsenal said:
lol....i love Kanye...been listening to him since by sister brought back his mixtapes all the way back in 2001....gold digger = mad song = enoying after a while = mad song when your absent from it for time lol

Nope I don't get it. Kanye equals shit mc. His phasing and voice make me think he is stupid. His production on the other hand is very clever. And some of his hooks are impressive.

I'm going with Paid in full. That shit is crazy.

Or "Here to save you all" Chino XL. I don't care what anyone thinks that shit is fucking insane.

esquared

HSC
personal faves are the blueprint, college dropout, ready to die.

but i dont know enough hiphop yet, ive only been listening for a year or so.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
Oddy Nocki said:
Nope I don't get it. Kanye equals shit mc. His phasing and voice make me think he is stupid. His production on the other hand is very clever. And some of his hooks are impressive.

I'm going with Paid in full. That shit is crazy.

Or "Here to save you all" Chino XL. I don't care what anyone thinks that shit is fucking insane.
kanye aint write his own shit

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
icraig88 said:
i would have to say it would be either...

Dr Dre - 2001
Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle

or...

G-Unit - Beg For Mercy

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
im pretty sure this aint new but i downloaded 2 mad albums the other day....

jay-z - black chronic
the game - devils advocate mixtape

i thought the use of dre's beats and jay-z's rhymes in 'black chronic' was a very good idea and was an awesome mix album and in 'devils advocate' the best remix of dear mama ull ever hear with anthony hamilton... both albums get my approval :D

dillian

HSC
Fuck.

Chamillionare = Lame

G-unit = Lame

Kanye West = Lame

Try Some Shit Like

Nas - Illmatic

Boogie Down Productions

E.g Krs One

Some Real Shit, Revoultionary Shit, Fuck Ure Gay Shit.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
dillian said:
Fuck.

Chamillionare = Lame

G-unit = Lame

Kanye West = Lame

Try Some Shit Like

Nas - Illmatic

Boogie Down Productions

E.g Krs One

Some Real Shit, Revoultionary Shit, Fuck Ure Gay Shit.
BULLSHIT.

Kanye > Nas (in terms of being a rapper)

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
IF you want to break it down into technicalities, then yes, Kanye has a better flow than Nas.

His multisyllables are far more frequent and complex than Nas', which are quite often basic. You can not argue this, you can break it down into mathimatical fact. Also, generally Kanye uses more wordplay and simile than Nas.

Nas made a classic album for his time in illmatic, but I think that album is considerably overrated. Whilst it is a great album, I think some of the major reasons for its success are based on production merits. He had some of the best producers of all time on that album; Pete Rock, Premier and Q-tip dropped the hottest beat of his career on that.

In my opinion it was the production that mad that album.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
Egronk said:
IF you want to break it down into technicalities, then yes, Kanye has a better flow than Nas.

His multisyllables are far more frequent and complex than Nas', which are quite often basic. You can not argue this, you can break it down into mathimatical fact. Also, generally Kanye uses more wordplay and simile than Nas.

Nas made a classic album for his time in illmatic, but I think that album is considerably overrated. Whilst it is a great album, I think some of the major reasons for its success are based on production merits. He had some of the best producers of all time on that album; Pete Rock, Premier and Q-tip dropped the hottest beat of his career on that.

In my opinion it was the production that mad that album.
nas>>>kanye...kanye has 2 albums ghostwritten...nas has 8 6 of which are classics

Pilgrim

HSC
Im sick of people acting like kanye is shit now that he's popular. He deserves to be where he is because he earned his position. He's been producing for a while and he's cocky because everything he was doing was recieving rewards.

As a rapper, kanye is better to listen to than nas.

And Nas is hugely overrated. He had one good album. Maybe a couple songs after that.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
i disagree with the 'kanye > nas' comment but yes im sick of people acting like kanye is shit now too. I mean he is a decent rapper even if the shit is ghostwritten, and the production is definently on point. 'gold digger' was a fun but very overplayed song, and now i can't stand it, but there was alot of good songs on that album.

Kanye is definently good. And if anyone uses his personality to justify hatin on his music then you are sad. It should just be about the music not how cocky he is, that really shouldn't affect your perception of his music.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Dude, his shit is not ghostwritten, his flow is pretty unique and identifiable.

Like, it's not your standard AB AB flow, it has so many quirks that it really couldn't be written by anyone else.

Who are you proposing writes it? Jig?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)