• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The house of Julia Felix, Pompeii. HELP! (1 Viewer)

Help!!! Julia Felix!

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ezleigh

HSC
Heyy.
I'm fairly new to this site, and i'm really unsure of what i'm doing, so sorry if this doesn't work to plan.
Just wondering could anyone help me out with my search for info. on the House of Julia Felix, of Pompeii. It's for my slideshow ass. on the public building.
Also, i really can't find much on it, is that a sign it's not a very important site and there fore i should choose something else?
thanks.

princesskt

HSC
ok... heres what ive found.. i hope it helps you..

Julia Felix was one of Pompeii's chief property owners. An advertisement by her (great evidence!!!!) 'In the property of Julia Felix, daughter of Spurius, elegant thermal baths for refined people, shop with lodgings above and apartments on the first floor to let for five years from 1st August until 1st August of the sixth year. The contract may be renewed by mutual agreement after five years have passed.'

Julia Felix was a top person in Pompeii, obviously, and she rented out her private baths.

there wasnt much in the book im sorry but i hope this little bit helps..

sly_skittle

HSC
i've thrown out most of my stuff from last year but i do remember that her house took up an entire block and like princesskt said it was rented out- both the baths and some rooms and in a way acted like a mini-town. Luckily for your slideshow there are a few good pictures of the house on google
sorry i didn't have any info.

Ezleigh

HSC
Thank you for that!! :)
I've slacked off and not done very much, but it seems fairly unpopular in books. But i'm going to stick with it, thanks for the help though.
xx

princesskt

HSC
yea.. its one of the famous buildings hey but while i was doing my assignment i couldnt find much either..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)