• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The HSC Legal Studies Exam-Fri 21st oct (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/manuals/pdf_doc/hsc_advanced_timetable_05.pdf
The Legal Studies Exam is on Fri 21st oct this year
it normally is towards the end
but this year its the day after english paper 2
i also have studies of religion 1 on the same day as legal....:eek:
this isnt cool
i hate this years timetable-last years was so much better
business is one of the last exams 2... :(

what do u guys think of it?

roadcone

HSC
hmm yeah no complaints really here... it will be the first of my major subjects, so thats cool.. umm bit annoyed that it is on the same day as sor, but ahh what can you do... at least its only sor, and not another 3 hour or a major extension exam

roadcone

HSC
oh and joe no complaints about business being on the last wednesday... i have economics on the last day!! that is shit..

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
wtf? economics is on the last day... that suxs ass and this:

thurs 20th oct: english adv paper 2
friday 21st oct: legal
monday 24th oct: maths

... these 5 days are going to go forever..

green_fairy

mmm, absinthe
HSC
my computers crap...i can only see the first page... dagnammit. but from what you say about when legal is, yeah its weird i thought it would be towards the end too. meh. gets it over and done with i guess.

jonnathann

It's a bloody crap timetable. Somehow, I hope they adjust it because of complaints. I reckon this year's legal students won't do as well as last yr's because it's right after English. Heaps of things to remember for both. >_<

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/manuals/pdf_doc/hsc_advanced_timetable_05.pdf
The Legal Studies Exam is on Fri 21st oct this year
it normally is towards the end
but this year its the day after english paper 2
i also have studies of religion 1 on the same day as legal....:eek:
this isnt cool
i hate this years timetable-last years was so much better
business is one of the last exams 2... :(

what do u guys think of it?
I don't do legal or SOR but i really feel for u joe... and evryone else in a similar boat...

But from what i'm seeing... this timetable has been done in a way where students are encouraged to study everything in STUVAC and not rely on the break between exams for last minute revision...

last year i think i would've had 4 days free before my physics exam... this year i only have 1...

for some reaosn there's a big gap between the english exams... I think they want people to actually focus more on english... most people i know go excellent in all their subjects and then have a shocking english mark... so I don't know i think it's all part of the plan... A girl at my school in 2004 had all her marks above 80 except english extension 1 where she got 29/50... and another guy had all marks 75+ and recieved 30/50 for E.E.1... people from varying schools have had the same trend... many reciev all 90+ and then have an E.E.1 mark in the 60's as a percentage...

But guys hang in there...

as for people that have an exam on the last day... well i mean u still finish over 1 month before evryone esle at ur school, of course excluding ur other HSC mates...

as for people who finish in 1-2 weeks i think ur lucky that way u will not rely on the examination gaps for the extra rveison or study... and u'll be prepared for all ur exams by the end of STUVAC... at least u should be... and so should everyone else...

well good luck to everyone... oh yeh and one more thing... it seems that alot of people who do legal also do SOR... could they be using our year as LAB RATS?

pig_93

HSC
dont bitch. althought i too have legal
i also have modern and sac on the same day
thats right...sympathy sympathy lol

HSC
i don't mind having legal early (woohoo! last week off!!) but i hate the fact that it's on the same day with religion 2u and i have to stay there until 5pm grrrr :chainsaw:

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
c'mon its not that bad. i have ancient and chemistry one day after the other. chemistry and anceint demand a lot more out of yoou. but again i have legal and english one after the other as well.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Awww, poor babies!

My exams are lovely and spaced, from the first one on the first morning of the first day; to the last one on the last afternoon of the last day.

And as for the English paper 2/legal thing...English doesn't count squat for me =P...have fun with Shakespeare...suckers.

monique66

Gavrillo said:
Awww, poor babies!

My exams are lovely and spaced, from the first one on the first morning of the first day; to the last one on the last afternoon of the last day.

And as for the English paper 2/legal thing...English doesn't count squat for me =P...have fun with Shakespeare...suckers.
why doesn't eng count for you?

man my exams span the whole time, at least i have 1 week to study for ext eng and 2 weeks for eco...the rest are all pretty close (specially eng and legal) but i dun spose we're disadvantaged coz everyone will have the same thing...

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i think gav there accelerated in english... bastard! :D

still waiting

HSC
all of you stop whinging
i have all my exams in the first seven days of it starting! i have so much work to do its so depressing
but i agree its strange that they have put legal like in the first week and the business and ecos in the last week

bEAbEA

HSC
I'm happy with the legal one being earlier, except its annoying that its right after english. I have a break for one week then ext english, chem and physics all really close.
It could have been worse

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
bEAbEA said:
I'm happy with the legal one being earlier, except its annoying that its right after english. I have a break for one week then ext english, chem and physics all really close.
It could have been worse
I know i'm in no posission to be complaining and i'm not really... but i agree about extension english, chem and phys all being close... i would prefer chem to be swaped with english X 1.. but oh well.. it doesn't really matter...

i mean what's the one day gap for anyway... i'd probably try cram, and forget everythng in that time period... so i'd rather have them all after each other...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)