• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Most Annoying Television Network (1 Viewer)

And the most annoying network (with the worst programs) award goes to..

• Channel 9

Votes: 25 47.2%
  • Channel 10

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • ABC

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • SBS

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Channel 7

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Austar

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
SBS has football, South Park, City of Men, Daily Show, Chappelle's Show, half decent movies (better than any movie that commercial networks play).
I'd probably choose SBS or Ten, only because Ten has The Simpsons, Futurama and Thank God You're Here. So yeah, I think SBS wins. ABC is pretty good as well, love the wednesday night lineup. Nine and Seven are shit, the only thing I ever watch on Seven is Arrested Development and Scrubs but they're always given a shitty timeslot.

BlackDragon

HSC
yeah what's with that?! why do family guy and scrubs, two of seven's best shows get shown at like 10:30 at night?! they are either pg or m not ma.

i hate you commerical tv.

HSC
and commerical tv hates you;)

channel 9 has all the sport, sport and more sport

channel 10 has veornica mars, the simpsons, rove live, smallville, australian idol, law + order [svu], futurama, house, ohh and rugrates all grown up ..etc

channel 7 has prision break, 24 [both currently not on] , grey's anatomy, home and away, how i met your mother, my name is earl .. etc

channel sbs- only time i ever see anything on is when they have news on or else its out of order

channel abc- i only watch [sometimes] news, but mostly for cartoons

and half the time both sbs and abc are not working at my house

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
It's a damn near-run thing on this one between 9 and 10, but I'm going to give my vote to 9. 10 mihgt have the likes of Idol and Big Brother, shows that never should have been thought of let alone continued this long, but at least they show all the motorsport (assuming you can stay up late enough to catch the European rounds).

9 gets my vote because of bloody Torvil and Dean's Skating on Ice, which was little more than a copy of Dancing with the Stars. I don't watch 7's show, but 9 were brazenly copying their rivals and then over-hyping it as they were desperate for ratings. Also, they have the likes of ACA and 60 Minutes; if you belive they're journalistic reporting at its best, you probably still believe in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny. In fact, "What Have We Leanred From Current Affairs Programs This Week?" is my favourite section of The Chaser's War on Everything ...

BlackDragon

HSC
yeah i agree with you about ACA. Of course it's crap. Its the biggest load of "who cares. this is so goddamn stupid and sensationalised. this is absolute crap" its not funny. but skating on ice was not copied from dancing with the stars. dancing with the stars was copied from an american thing with the same name, as was dancing on ice they just changed the named to torville and deans. but yeah they were following 7's lead and super pumping it in adds for ratings. speaking of copies, nearly all australian shows are copies of american shows, e.g. idol, 60 minutes, survivor, deal or no deal (THE WORST SHOW EVER), berts family feud. and they are all the stupid annoying shows.. perhaps the lesson here is to not only take shows from america but from europe too. european programs are often way better. and i don't care about subtitles. i think subtitled shows should be more common, because there aren't many english speaking nations in the world (in comparision) and many other nations have awesome shows. WHY MUST WE COPY AMERICAN CRAP? we are more intelligent than that. imagine if our tv was filled with programs from all around the world. (asia, africa, south america, middle east, europe) how good would that be?! cultural awareness and understanding would skyrocket.

Last edited:

BlackDragon

HSC
yeah, and i'm sorry if this offends any of you, i don't mean it like that, but i just can't comprehend the stupidity of the people who watch it sincerely and the stupidity of the people who leave it on tv.

Last edited:
HSC
huh?

what i dont understand is how ANYONE can even watch today tonight or a current affair...

i get that some people dont like australian idol and the normal shows on tv ...

and how do you people ONLY watch sbs and abc ??????

Pilgrim

HSC
Channel Nine is the worst. Any channel who employs Jessica Rowe for a show that displays her personality deserves to be shut down.
Also all that shit with eddie, what a fuckup.
They tried to beat sunrise by COPYING THEM and poorly at that.
9 has all home renovating shit and sport. thats it. nothing worth watching.

Best channel is probably ten, has pretty good tv shows that are worth watching.
ABC next, things like the chaser, andrew denton, four corners etc
sbs, chappelle, south park, some cool docos, or is that abc? cant remember.
then seven, occasionally has good tv shows, but has great morning tv (compared to the rest of em.) the only other shit on in the morning is anime, shitty news(9), some kids shit on abc and international news on sbs.

Scanorama

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I download most of the best shows because I am sick of 7,9 & 10 being so far behind.

They all start shows late, run overtime, show repeats in amongst new episodes and generally don't give a shit about their customers. All the Australian tv shows they have are rubbish.
Amen to that. Download shows is the way to go. I used to watch Law and Order and NCIS on channel 10, but now I just download them. Why wait for 7 months + countless reruns when you can watch the new one every week?

Channel 10 is the worst. Big Brother, Australian Idols for a start. When Big Brother is on, it will go over by at least 10 minutes (on average 15 minutes). I've suffered 25 minutes once, very annoying! I can't believe people still watch that trash.

Channel 9 comes next. Sport, sport and more sport.

Hardly watch channal 7 though.

ABC and SBS are the best.

BlackDragon

HSC
Pilgrim said:
Channel Nine is the worst. Any channel who employs Jessica Rowe for a show that displays her personality deserves to be shut down.
Also all that shit with eddie, what a fuckup.
They tried to beat sunrise by COPYING THEM and poorly at that.
9 has all home renovating shit and sport. thats it. nothing worth watching.

Best channel is probably ten, has pretty good tv shows that are worth watching.
ABC next, things like the chaser, andrew denton, four corners etc
sbs, chappelle, south park, some cool docos, or is that abc? cant remember.
then seven, occasionally has good tv shows, but has great morning tv (compared to the rest of em.) the only other shit on in the morning is anime, shitty news(9), some kids shit on abc and international news on sbs.
i can't believe you like sunrise. it is the second worst show on tv (to deal or no deal) with the stupidist hosts ever. omg i hate kochie and mel. they are so stupid on that show. everything is.

Pilgrim

HSC
BlackDragon said:
lol yeah, i just really hate the commercial crap. i love heaps about tv.
So what the fuck do you watch in the morning faggot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)