• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 08/09 (1 Viewer)

Roy9

HSC
C'mon you Toffees! Let's add even more pressure to Rafa and knock Liverpool out of the Cup!

Although a 3am kickoff for us Aussies is a bit rough.... I'm gonna be f*cked for Australia Day, lol.

Evertonian

HSC
C'mon you Toffees! Let's add even more pressure to Rafa and knock Liverpool out of the Cup!

Although a 3am kickoff for us Aussies is a bit rough.... I'm gonna be f*cked for Australia Day, lol.
man im so excited for the match :D

Roy9

HSC
Arteta's not playing........ fuck.

Injury problems keep getting worse and worse. We were looking good, but I'm not sure if we can do this without Arteta. Hopefully we can salvage a draw and get them in the return leg

Roy9

HSC
Half time: Liverpool 0 - 1 Everton

I will laugh so hard if we win this. Oh, and I thought Liverpool's defence would've learnt last game to mark Cahill a bit tighter on set pieces..... obviously not.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
mourinho to take over from fergie. you heard it here first.
Well the press has made such speculations before. Since Sir Alex said he will retire before he turns 70, which is most likely to be the end of the 10/11 season, the same time that Mourinho's contract at Inter ends. So obviously they'll link him to the Old Trafford job.

I'm indifferent towards him, to be honest. He's a good manager, but his style isn't really suitable to the United way.

Oh and come on Everton! :)

HSC
mourinho said he is likely to return to england and i can almost guarantee he'll leave italy when his contract with inter expires. he's the most candidate who isn't an ex-united player to take over the job imo.

come on you blue bastards!

Evertonian

HSC
DAMNIT

Howard shoulda saved gerrards shot :(

Liverpool 1 - 1 Everton

Meh, good result. The replay should be good, saha will be back and also fellaini. Maybe Arteta too.

Roy9

HSC
Full time: Liverpool 1-1 Everton.

Fellaini will be back for the rematch, hopefully Arteta will be as well. Should be good.

EDIT: ^ LOL, almost identical posts. Is Saha gonna be back? By the way, I dunno if Castillo will get a first team spot for a while after tonights performance

Evertonian

HSC
And saha :)

Yeah, but he hadnt played in a while and probably he was nervous.

I hope we get a good draw.

Yeah, i heard saha will be coming back soon because in december they said he'll be out for another 4 to 5 weeks. So maybe.

omg 15 minutes to the draw

Everton better beat united and arsenal, so we can go in to the fa cup with a full squad and full of confidence!

Last edited:

LordPc

HSC
Ah, Liverpool. Another draw, ugh

Its like thier philosophy is "You cant beat us, but we also cant beat you"

how many draws is that now?

Roy9

HSC
It's gonna be Liverpool/Everton vs Aston Villa in the next round.... hopefully Everton get through and we get some revenge from the last time we played Villa

Evertonian

HSC
It's gonna be Liverpool/Everton vs Aston Villa in the next round.... hopefully Everton get through and we get some revenge from the last time we played Villa
OR we can have it easy if doncaster upset villa. Id like to see everton get an easy draw in a cup this season.
Uefa Cup - Standard Liege - Unlucky
League Cup - Blackburn away - Unlucky
Fa cup - Macclesfield away - Kinda lucky
Liverpool away - unlucky

So maybe doncaster can win and providing we beat the reds we can cruise past the fifth round.

:)

kuytbird

HSC
magical flick from torres to put gerrad through. Though thats reallly poor keeping.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Japan 0-0 Australia

Good result for us. We didn't really have a single shot of note, and they should have scored twice, during the first and last ten mins, but for a lack of finishing. Surely they have booked their flights to Johannesburg now.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
yeah england wont be in spains class for a very long time.

australia looked ordinary last night and played too defensively, everytime they got the ball in the midfield they gave themselves no options up front because everyone stayed at the back. holman played badly and culina did almost nothing. cahill had no chances whatsoever except for the long range shot which was shot straight at the keeper. i'd say a win against uzbekistan almost guarantees us a spot in south africa (which i'll be at the game).

and i see whatashotbyseve you're a golf fan, what's the big interest in ballesteros anyways? are you a golfer yourself?

Roy9

HSC
Everton up 2-1 at HT. Been an awesome game so far... Anichebe is looking really dangerous.

Roy9

HSC
And we're through to the final 8. Everton 3 - Aston Villa 1

We better get a good draw for the next round...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)