• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Recovery Associate thread (1 Viewer)

Bored.Of.Life

HSC
this is the official thread for employees of any department to discuss/complain/bag out anything relating to this role, or any other role. whatever suits you :)

any advice, hints or past experience would be appreciated.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
wuddie said:
relevant threads are already up and running. if there's no objection, i will close this thread, as it is an excess.
laying down the law.

Bored.Of.Life

HSC
I basically know everything there is to know about recovery minus two things!
1) what do we do with stock that don't have a packet, or a price tag?
2) what do w do with damaged stock?
3) and what do we do with shelves that are missing a price tag?

I'm still not sure about these things and don't want to sound like an idiot for asking the manager too may questions.

cheers :D

HSC
Most stores would have an S & D (soiled and damaged) part where damaged goods would go to to be written off etc. As for things without packing and pricing basically try and fix it otherwise damaged.

Missing prices??? make some tickets...

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
Anything you wanna complain about on this thread can be done in either Rules for Staff or Rules for Customers. I work on the floor at Target and anything terrible about the job relates mainly to customers, so I take all my frustration out on the Rules board. As for your questions, lil_georgie_gal pretty much answered them all. I take it you work at Big W (just because I know their floor staff are called recovery associates, but feel free to correct me)? I don't know about other store's procedures, but at Target, damaged items are written off. If it can be resold, just put the packet back together with sticky tape and stick a clearance price on it.

Bored.Of.Life

HSC
thank you guys, the manager went through the S & D procedures with me and taught me how to use that price gun thing. it's still quite difficult to use but i'll get there eventually

in terms of cutomers, i don't think they're half bad. they generally only ask where a product is located or the price

jannny

HSC
thing I hate about recovery is sometimes, its hard to find the exact location of the product especially if ur working on confect, or stationery. Most of the time, when the manager gives me lots of things to do I often "hide" things under other products.

But now, I know now that I should tell the manager if I am having trouble doing returns + presentation and get someone to help me since before.. I was too scared to tell them.

Bored.Of.Life

HSC
jannny said:
thing I hate about recovery is sometimes, its hard to find the exact location of the product especially if ur working on confect, or stationery. Most of the time, when the manager gives me lots of things to do I often "hide" things under other products.

But now, I know now that I should tell the manager if I am having trouble doing returns + presentation and get someone to help me since before.. I was too scared to tell them.
i find that i am having the same problem as you! so how did the managers help you when u complained about not knowing the exact location of certain products? as for me, i asked my workmates and they did the returns with me, as they've done that area more than enough times to memorise each location :lol:

jannny

HSC
yea taht's what you do, just ask workmates. However like, your workmates wont always be there around you. Well for most cases, its easy to find it i.e. all cadbury stuff are near each other, so you can easily locate any cadbury product.

HSC
Ok just take the time to get used ot the area a do not hide things! This makes life hell for those who actually bother with recovery even though there are prob very few ppl like that...

It also makes life difficult when it comes around to stocktake.

Just take ur time and get help if you need it. It becomes second nature once u know where it all goes

mitch179

HSC
I work at Target and do the same thing, except we call it Tidy Team. Weeknights, we work 4pm-7pm and weekends, it differs. Normally on Saturdays- 1.00-5.30 and Sundays 1.00-4.30

It gets pretty boring though. Same thing every day.

Returns
Pick Up
Tidy
Returns (This is stuff you've found in your Pick Up and you put it back where it goes)

Normally only takes me 2 and a half hours, so for the last half hour, I'm bored. On weekends, because the store is still open, it takes longer because I have calls and customer assistance and stuff.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
If I do 10-6 at BigW, what break do I get (only a Recovery Associate,Casual)?? and are the breaks paid?

mitch179

HSC
milocole said:
If I do 10-6 at BigW, what break do I get (only a Recovery Associate,Casual)?? and are the breaks paid?
I'd say, it'd be the same or similar to Target.

10-6 is 8 hours. So you'd get a 1 hour unpaid meal break and 2x 10 minute paid tea breaks.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Thanks found out today its, 1x1hour unpaid and 2x 15mins. Apparently people go off for like 2 hours and nobody notices as we are all working by ourselves setting up a new store

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)