• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Resistance (1 Viewer)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Anyone who likes this album either likes Twilight, or has terrible music taste. The only passable tracks are Unnatural Selection and MK Ultra. And they're just barely passable. I'm tempted to scream RUINED FOREVER but Muse can do better. I'm just gonna go ahead and say that it's just a bit better than Showbiz. Take that as you will.
I love the album and I have excellent taste in music.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
so true, their worst album ever, this is what twilight does, it ruins bands, oh why did they have to put all those indie bands on their fucking shit film!?!?!?!?

now they destroy Bon Iver Grizzly Bear, Beach House and Thom Yorke
actually, the bon iver and grizzly bear tracks are wonderful songs. i highly doubt any grizzly bear fan is going to be like YOU DID WOT?! OMG I CAN'T EVER LISTEN TO YOUZ AGAIN just because they did one song on a woeful soundtrack. The tracks in themselves are great and any fan of the band i'm sure would continue to be. it's not like they don't have a career now or anything :/

philphie

Banned
HSC
actually, the bon iver and grizzly bear tracks are wonderful songs. i highly doubt any grizzly bear fan is going to be like YOU DID WOT?! OMG I CAN'T EVER LISTEN TO YOUZ AGAIN just because they did one song on a woeful soundtrack. The tracks in themselves are great and any fan of the band i'm sure would continue to be. it's not like they don't have a career now or anything :/
yes they were wonderful songs, so was supermassive blackhole. i'm just exaggerating the situation here, i just hope grizzly bear don't change their style for a wider audience just like muse have

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
The album's not bad.. I told myself if The Resistance was terrible then I would have a 'punch a twilight kid in the face' day. It's better than BH&R so that's a good thing I guess

philphie

Banned
HSC
The album's not bad.. I told myself if The Resistance was terrible then I would have a 'punch a twilight kid in the face' day. It's better than BH&R so that's a good thing I guess
no fucking way. black holes and revelations had starlight, supermassive black hole, map of the problematique, soldier's poem, hoodoo and knights of cydonia

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
no fucking way. black holes and revelations had starlight, supermassive black hole, map of the problematique, soldier's poem, hoodoo and knights of cydonia
EL OH EL. I agree with the others but not those two.

atm1991

HSC
It's pretty good, definitely grown on me. Has got nothing on "Absolution" though, and I doubt they will ever trump that album. The Queen style parts such as some of the vocal harmonies are a little cheesy. Muse are a brilliant band in their own right, and don't need to emulate Queen to prove it.

HSC
EL OH EL. I agree with the others but not those two.
those two songs shit on the pretentious wank that is most of the resistance imo

it's like a third is 'what the fuck is this', a third of it is pretty good, and the remainder is matt bellamy attempting (even more than before) to be freddie mercury

philphie

Banned
HSC
those two songs shit on the pretentious wank that is most of the resistance imo

it's like a third is 'what the fuck is this', a third of it is pretty good, and the remainder is matt bellamy attempting (even more than before) to be freddie mercury
so true, thye've just become so overly theatrical, the might as well put on the elton john costumes or something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)