• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Those HSC seminars... (1 Viewer)

flaminwaffle

HSC
Has anyone been to those HSC seminars about the 'secrets of success to the HSC' where they teach you stuff about time management, stress, improving memory etc?

My question's a pretty simple one. Are they worth going to? I mean, they're pretty expensive and i question how much you can actually get out of them.

benji6667

HSC
nah not really

at the time i thought they were worth it, but what they taught didn't really stick (well for me anyway)

they give you a piles of booklets which are alright, but the same, if not better could be found here

btw i went to TSFX, im not sure about the others

sasa-o8

HSC
Different people have different opinions on these seminars. But for me, (a highly unmotivated person), what they said motivated me....until I left the hall.

I think some of their time management strategies and such seem abit ridiculous to me...two hrs of hw and then two hrs of study a night??? Definitely won't work for me.

forkyspoony18

HSC
i went to one about halfway through term 1. It was really good, lots of good information, and it got me motivated, however i wish that i was put on at the start of year 12, or possibly even the start of year 11, just because i could of really used that information then.

If you are really stuck on how to study then id recomend it, but otherwise dont bother.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)