• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

to drop or not to drop art. (1 Viewer)

freaksoutalot

HSC
hey all,

im currently in year 11 doing these subjects:

English adv
English Ext
Art
legal
economics
STOR 2
and business studies (but thats accelerated so ill be done with that this year(just had my trial exam, pretty sure i raped it))

anyway im really considering whether it will be worth my while to do 11 units next year and whether i really want to do art, because im not so keen on doin a major work etc. or still having 11 units.

whats everyones thoughts?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
If you don't wanna do one of the major components of a particular course - I wouldn't recommend you do it.

freaksoutalot

HSC
yeah i get that.

well i kinda do want to do a BOW but im kinda like eurgh about the whole thing.

bettina44

HSC
i'm in the same position as you are, i not too sure about dropping dt cause i already have a major work for art and i need them both for what i want to do.
you any good at art? what are your ranks and marks compared to your other subjects?

freaksoutalot

HSC
well i go alright at it and im interested. but comparitative to everything im bleargh, ive realised it wont count to my UAI as not in my top 10 units and im not that great really.

2nd / 4 people, but yeah comparatively not so good considering im 1st in ext english, legal, STOR 2, economics and my accelerated business studies class.

bettina44

HSC
i guess they're wouldn't be a point doing it since its your worst subject(not that your shit at it cause your ranks are pretty good)unless you really like it or need it for what you want to be,major projects can be a real time drainer but if you're doing art cause you like it,perhaps you should drop one of your other subjects

freaksoutalot

HSC
nah im gonna drop art, all my other ones i love and are relevant.

thanks guys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)