• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

To get that band 6 (1 Viewer)

richz

Hello there,

I have just received my half yearly reports and im a bit disappointed about my marks. For physics and chemistry, i am currently just sitting out of the band 6 region :mad: (89 (rank: 6) and 87 (rank: 8)respectively). Does anyone have any advice for me in getting those extra marks to get that band 6 :D.

thnx :)

fakingtheday

HSC
Without knowing what kind of student you are i can't really offer much. To get marks you obviously know the works, could be silly mistakes and i know checking your work sucks. I ended up with an 89 assess mark in engineering which cut me a little bit but the best thing you can do is just give your trial your best shot, just luck of the day. Don't congest your answers.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I didnt see a question on the back page of my IPT half yearly so i got 89 when I could have got 94...read the paper carefully. Sometimes for subjects like legal the difference from band 5 to 6 is things like making references to cases, legislation, news articles etc :)

HSC
I'm in total agreement with the whole be thorough with your exams, having said that I'm pretty sure you have a couple of assessments left to make your way back up, especially with just that one mark.
gl with it

im outz

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
How is 6/89 not a band 6 for chem??? i thought more than 5 ppl would get band 6s??

richz

Lace that was for physics, but maybe teachers want u to work harder, thats why they gave me 89.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
well, take heart in the fact that at least your doing much better than me.

FinalFantasy

HSC
xrtzx said:
Lace that was for physics, but maybe teachers want u to work harder, thats why they gave me 89.
u mean 89% mark?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)