• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

To Past Year 11s ! (1 Viewer)

Swagiel_

HSC
So I just finished Year 10 today and I was just wondering what I could do in these holidays in order to exceed in senior school.

I would just like to hear your logical suggestions.

Thanks in advance :)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
You can do nothing and excel in year 11 and 12, many students do this.

For those people that do choose to do something , they may study notes or learn the content for next years subjects.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
So I just finished Year 10 today and I was just wondering what I could do in these holidays in order to exceed in senior school.

Bruh ! Dw about it now.

Enjoy it ur holidays m8, you won't get this period of time anymore

astroman

HSC
start reading the syllabuses and start making notes for year 11. I also suggest you start getting your hands on as many past papers as possible asap.

Kaido

be.
HSC
Your last holidays before life hits you.
Prob a good idea to just chill and let year 11 hit you full force.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Just take these holidays as an opportunity to recharge your batteries for the upcoming year

Then you can start working hard, but no to an extent where you find yourself on the verge of burning out

sweetalmond

HSC
N/A
Start only in January
- Borrow books from the school library and begin reading some of the content for the first topic
- If you know what texts you are studying for English, consider working smart and reading some novels in the holidays so when you re-read it, you can get a more in-depth understanding
- By getting ahead you will thank yourself when you are overladen with homework and assessments.
- Don't stress, you'll be doing a lot of that

However take in mind that these school holidays are your last chance at relaxing, stress-free for the next two years because you won't be getting a proper, fully relaxing holiday until after your HSC. All your easter breaks, semester breaks, october breaks will be spent doing school work, assessment tasks or studying for half-yearlies. The summer holidays at the end of year 11 will be spent doing major works, studying and you will get holiday homework. Teachers say that it isn't really a holiday but a study session. The summer before year 11 is the last time you can be guilt-free, care-free before life hits you. Cos after the HSC you'll be thinking about uni and getting a serious job and you'll have more life responsibilities. Although it is wise to get ahead, make sure you fully recharge because you won't be doing that anytime soon after.

DLMisme

HSC
Have a read of some syllabuses and textbooks, and if you know your texts for English try to get ahead and read them over the holidays. Make sure you spend plenty of time just having fun and relaxing though, these holidays will be your last proper break for a while so enjoy them.

Flop21

HSC
Year 11 doesn't count towards anything. Apart from your end report which of course you can show various people who may be interested.

I would recommend not doing anything. Relax as much as possible, and just be refreshed for the new year so you can do well if you want. Don't stress.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Year 11 doesn't count towards anything. Apart from your end report which of course you can show various people who may be interested.

I would recommend not doing anything. Relax as much as possible, and just be refreshed for the new year so you can do well if you want. Don't stress.
Actually, year 11 does count in the sense that for example, the study habits and attitudes one develops in year 11 often, though not always, will carry through year 12 and also year 11 content in maths can be tested in HSC.

Flop21

HSC
Actually, year 11 does count in the sense that for example, the study habits and attitudes one develops in year 11 often, though not always, will carry through year 12 and also year 11 content in maths can be tested in HSC.
I meant it doesn't count towards year 12. Obviously what you said is true and is common sense.

I'm just saying don't stress and burn yourself out - as that will screw up year 12. Which does count.

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad

Relax and do absolutely nothing! This is your last holidays where you won't have any assignments, studying or exams to prepare for. Read, watch a TV series or do whatever tickles your fancy.

Good luck for year eleven and twelve! :)

turntaker

HSC

Make concise , well written notes for the dot points for all your subjects

Lithone

HSC
Just relax! Live the life you won't have for the next 2 years haha

(If you really want to do some work though, do some maths bc maths is pretty much all accumulation & practice, not something you can bs))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)