• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Travel time to UNSW? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Rockdale -

Train + 891 Express: 45 minutes
400 Bus: 50 - 60 minutes
Drive: 15-20 minutes

LordPc

HSC
People say that travelling to UTS is easier because its closer to central but is that true cause it takes about 10 mins to walk to UTS and takes similar time to catch a bus from central to UNSW so there is really not much difference?
you must also factor in wait time. usually a 5 minute wait for the express bus to unsw

but no one will choose uts over unsw because of travel times. too close, like a few km's apart. maybe if it was MQ vs UWS vs. UNSW

(also that bus ride to unsw really helps with last minute cramming for exams. its a solid 15 minutes of extra study time :p)

Knightingal

HSC
also that bus ride to unsw really helps with last minute cramming for exams. its a solid 15 minutes of extra study time :p
My thinking exactly ;)

Does anyone know what time the express buses usually stop operating for the day?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
9:20pm from anzac pde, according to this: http://www.sydneybuses.info/uploads/File/pdfs/regular_timetables/890_891_892_895tt.pdf

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
Really? Hmmmm maybe it just seems long for me because I travelled far less for my high school =(
I live within a 5 minute drive of my old high school. On public transport it takes me 50 mins to get to UNSW on a good day, up to 1hr 30mins on a really bad day (they're rare). The one and only time I decided to drive to uni, it was during peakhour, and it ended up taking longer than public transport (and infinitely more stressful).

I hated trains and buses for about a week...but it's amazing how quickly you get used to it :p mp3 players / iPods help.

(also that bus ride to unsw really helps with last minute cramming for exams. its a solid 15 minutes of extra study time :p)
Haha, I always plan on doing that - and then I end up having to stand, and then it's almost impossible so I just give up.

proringz

HSC
but no one will choose uts over unsw because of travel times. too close, like a few km's apart. maybe if it was MQ vs UWS vs. UNSW
You'd be surprised with how many people say that as a backing point for them going to UTS, pretty stupid if you ask me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)