• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

trial maths? (1 Viewer)

TheHunt

HSC
N/A
What happens if u get like 30% in your trial hsc 4 maths?
are you screwed for your actual HSC mark in maths since it's worth 40% (the trial)
?? dont really understand how you get your final mark.

k8ie

HSC
i dont know...but id love to know coz i probably only got 30% in it...i did so bad! i couldnt remember how the formulas worked or anything...and it didnt help that i was sick

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Basically your final mark is broken into two: your external and internal mark. The external is the final exam that you sit in October/November which is worth 50% of the final mark. The internal is the other 50% of the total which consists of your trial plus your school assessments.

Your trial that you said was worth 40%, is actually 40% of your internal, so really you just halve it to work out the amount as a percentage of your final, which is 20%. Therefore your trial is worth about one fifth of your final mark. If you've screwed up your trials, it's not the end. If you work hard and do well in your finals, you can still get a decent mark. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

sinist4

HSC
hey riviet so are u saying... coz i stuffed up majorly, onli got 55% :( (wieghting 45%)
thats if i do well in the external i can still get a band 5 or 6 ?, btw overall my rank is 2nd i think.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
sinist4 said:
hey riviet so are u saying... coz i stuffed up majorly, onli got 55% :( (wieghting 45%)
thats if i do well in the external i can still get a band 5 or 6 ?, btw overall my rank is 2nd i think.
You would need to compare yourself to the others in your class, because I heard from many that it was quite a hard exam. If you got a decent ranking for this trial exam alone, you should be fine.

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

You have to think about your rank first, then your mark. Coming first is the best position you can be in

Last edited by a moderator:

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
i hope i aint screwed i wanna band 5 badly ..ohwell i hear de external exam is more important anywayz coz its wat moderates ur mark at skool so if i gun de exam it shud be easy...:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)