• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Trial results and ATAR (1 Viewer)

PoisonDart

HSC
Throughout the year I had some great ranks but I just messed up the trials and I'm predicting my ranks will definitely drop.

My ATAR aim is high 70's into 80's, I still remain confident in my ability in regards to the HSC external assessments.

So, anyone out there who had average rankings but came out with an ATAR/UAI that they were happy with?

Lina3

HSC
Yup, in the same boat as you. Even though I don't have my trial results back yet, I suspect my results won't be that great :/. I have known many people who got average rankings and still got into a course that they wanted. They do take people below the ATAR cut off in many cases and there are always bonus points. Looking at your aim, even if you totally stuffed up the trials, if you do well in the externals, I think it is very achievable :)

PoisonDart

HSC
Thanks for your response Lina3 :)

define stuff up

I had a kid inboxing me saying that his 95 atar was shit and the 'result of many stuff ups'
She may mean by stuffing up, getting a poor result in the trials which does not reflect your other results and ranks up until that point. I'm in this situation, I'll be lucky if my current ranks (top 3-10) even remain in the top 10 at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)