• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

TV's Neighbours is 'too white' (1 Viewer)

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
It's because its part of the media, and often people's ideas of society are shaped by it. I still get a fuckload of racist comments (like the bad, sinister ones, not the playful and sometimes witty ones) from people, and I still apparently "shock" people with my aussie accent. You think I'm exaggerating, but if you hung around me enough, you'd be pretty shocked at what I cop.
i was askeda few days ago why i talk like an Aussie. i was gob smacked. never in my life some1 asked me this, and i dont think any1 even thought that when talking to me.

whats the world come to.

too many fucktards

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
who cares if blacks and pakis arent watching it in britian

they're probably watching it from their prisons common room anyway

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
jb_nc said:
who cares if blacks and pakis arent watching it in britian

they're probably watching it from their prisons common room anyway
lol. what a generalization.

HSC
i remember there was this asian looking chick on neighbours but she was overall too white acting. lol and she got cut off pretty early.

erinsborough isnt really a balacned portrayl of australia's ethnic makeup. but then again, their stories are just as unbelievable so we shouldn't really giving a damn.

but what happens when there is an overrepresentation of blonde haired girls in similar facial features and height etc, you often get confused about who is who when the logies come around. Just watch a group of the blondes from neighbours standing together, you have no clue who is who, they look like clones.

personally it would be nice to see a bit more a variety on the show to demonstrate some sort of realism to neighbours which is already severly lacking in.

but then again, I only know of 'white' (i use this term loosely) people who watch the show anyways. give em what they want

HSC
i'm soo sorry about all the typos in my post! i kind of was writing in a stream of un-edited conciousness, just ignore all the mistakes :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)