• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

U@MQ Gym (1 Viewer)

loret23

HSC
okay so i've finally signed up for a membership at the maq gym (something iv been putting off for a while now). now, every1 seems so 'in the ZONE' when working out and just like any1 else, u wouldnt wana b interupted by a new comer who has no idea how to use the equipment.

so lol im asking if u could just briefly tell me the basics of the equipment (im talking about the treadmills etc ).

im sure everyone has been through this..so pls save me the embaressment of not knowing how to use the stuff! :rofl2:

thanks heaps pplz!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Re: HELP!: U@MQ Gym

Talk to the staff there, they'll even help you develop a workout :)

X

xeuyrawp

Yeah ask the staff for sure. And yes, people are 'in the zone' - my zone is called 'trying not to die'!

I guess it really depends on what you want to do; using a treadmill or bike is pretty simple, the other machines are a bit more difficult.

russs

yeeeee
HSC

okay so i've finally signed up for a membership at the maq gym (something iv been putting off for a while now). now, every1 seems so 'in the ZONE' when working out and just like any1 else, u wouldnt wana b interupted by a new comer who has no idea how to use the equipment.

so lol im asking if u could just briefly tell me the basics of the equipment (im talking about the treadmills etc ).

im sure everyone has been through this..so pls save me the embaressment of not knowing how to use the stuff! :rofl2:

thanks heaps pplz!
Once you come into the gym, head for the personal trainers. They are very helpful at MQ and will definitely help you out with equipment basics.

Don't be intimidated, most people pay no attention to newcomers unless they get in the way or do not subscribe to gym etiquette.

*hopeful*

HSC

the treadmill, cross trainer etc are all pretty simple to operate and with the weights machine i just watched people and learnt by trying, i had a few guys offer me tips cause i must have looked noob back then but it was all good

alternatively the staff are very friendly, especially the irish guy :)

mintah

HSC
about U@MQ gym price

I'm now looking for a gym to work out near Marsfield.

How much does U@MQ gym cost per a month?

I'm gonna enter Macquarie uni as a SIBT student on October.

Is it also available to get a discount if I'm a SIBT student?

Pls anyone help me!

williamc

HSC
Re: about U@MQ gym price

im a mq uni student and it costs me through direct debit 40 bucks a month. you dont have to go on a contract and you can cancel it whenever. or you can pay 50 bucks cash a month.

facilities are good, weights area isnt huge and gets a bit packed around peak times, cardio area is adequate size.

russs

yeeeee
HSC
Re: about U@MQ gym price

what facilities are there at the mq gym?
weights? liek fitnes first
There is a weight area, indoor pool, outdoor pool, cardio area, martial arts place with bags etc and a few other classes and stuff.

Its very good for what you pay.

rowdyroddy

HSC

lol jim noob...
for the treadmill, you stand on it, then press the button, and start running, or walking

russs

yeeeee
HSC
deadlifting is allowed, generally looked favorably on by personal trainers too.

*hopeful*

HSC
the classes offered and frequency of times is very comparable to a fitness first, if you get the student discount your cheering cause its good value

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)