• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UAI cut offs - rise or steady? :S (1 Viewer)

dilroy

HSC
Hey all, I was just wondering since the UAI cut offs for most buisness courses this year are relatively low e.g. 65ish. Would anyone here know if the marks for 2007 will jump back up or not? I for one hope the UAI marks can stay put for at least another year lol

These 36 days are going to be hell, wish I had a time machine rofl

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
When will people learn to not worry about cutoffs and just put their preferences as their actual preferences?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
The cut off for mine was 90 the year before and was steady for a few years, i thought it would go up and it went down 5 marks, so you can't really say but generally I dont think most jumps/falls are huge

j_davo24

HSC
It seemed as though most of the UAI's fell quite a bit for those people who started in 2005 (ie. 2004 HSC). Compared to the year before my course dropped something like 9 points. And I think most of the ones on my list dropped as well.

It all depends on how many people want to do it, and the marks everyone that wants to do it got. Impossible to predict with any accuracy.

L

LaraB

Dumsum said:
When will people learn to not worry about cutoffs and just put their preferences as their actual preferences?

people will stop worrying about cutoffs when they're all capable of achieving 100 and getting into the courses they want...

of course peopel are going to worry about their preferences... especially if they don't think they're going to get 90+ and thus have a wide choice...

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
LaraB said:
people will stop worrying about cutoffs when they're all capable of achieving 100 and getting into the courses they want...

of course peopel are going to worry about their preferences... especially if they don't think they're going to get 90+ and thus have a wide choice...
If people are that worried about achieving a low UAI, that's what prefs 7, 8 and 9 are for. There's more than enough space to list what you would -love- to do but still have a security blanket.

L

LaraB

Dumsum said:
If people are that worried about achieving a low UAI, that's what prefs 7, 8 and 9 are for. There's more than enough space to list what you would -love- to do but still have a security blanket.
uh yeh of course... people don't need to consider UAI preferences for scholarships.... or for certain majors within a generic course if you don't know what exactly you want to do yet... or for a comparison between one campus to another at multi campus unis..

or the plain fact that a lot of people have no idea what they're doing and have crappy year advisors and crappy school rankings so can't really predict their UAi... let alone the likely order of courses if they would "really love" to do courses that have a trend of unpredictable UAIs....

And then there's people who don't konw what they specifically want to do but have a general idea - eg combined law students at unis that have different entry points for different non-law degree combinations... they change so you have to consider the UAI in the order you put them...

there's plenty of reasons why people are going to want to know UAIs.... and besides all that - if they want to know that's their business. They don't need someone telling them not to worry about it if they are worried by it.

to answer the question - although people can't predict it, is it a pretty reasonable guess to assume that the UAI marks won't increase, or if they do, it won't be significantly.... the number of places have increased so even if demand goes up, its likely that the increased places will counter this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)