• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Uai/preferences (1 Viewer)

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
yes. i was so keen on going to study business at uts. but then, when i got my uai i realised that my marks were high enough for me to study commerce at unsw. the weeks leading up to final preference changes were so bad, but i decided to stick with uts because its what i wanted for the past two years.

Undertoad

HSC
No... every1's telling me that they should and maybe they r right but im sticking with what i wanna do even though its more than 10 uai point things lower than mine

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
yes. i wanted to go to wollongong uni :(:( but my uai wasnt high enough for any of the courses i want to do. but i still left one preference for wollongong in there. so i had to change everything to uws

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
yes, if I didn't know my UAI, most of my preferences would've been at UWS
I kept 2 prefs at UWS though.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
helzangel23 said:
did knowing your UAI affect your preference choice?
No- I said to myself I will decide on my preferences before UAI and stick to them. I didn't want to be one of those people who last minute realise they can do law and choose to do it (partially because of parental pressures) and end up dropping out from an inner hatred of the subject.

hyperbole- you are just like my friend who also could've gotten into UNSW B Commerce but he has been gunning for UTS B Business for a very long time (well, since the cadetship offer anyway). I actually kept tossing up between UTS/UNSW and ended up settling on UNSW because it seemed to have a better Finance course (which was what I'm interested in) despite being considerably more inconvenient to travel to.

HSC
N/A
YES!
Before I found out my UAI my first pref was Charles Sturt (which didn't require a specific UAI)....I was dying to stay in Sydney and go to UTS or something but thought there'd be no way of me getting in. I was told to (and was) aiming for seventy. I even found an inner peace to accept this as my UAI.
After I found out I got 94.4 I spent the weeks leading up to 5th jan (when pref was locked) researching for hours to find a course I would most like to do (seeing as I suddenly had more options in mind). Yeah..now I'm anxious to see if it's enough to get me to arts/comm at USYD. *sigh*

LostAuzzie

HSC
Yes,
Once I found my UAI was more than 20 above the cut-off for my first preference I decided to switch to Adv Science at USyd
It was already on my list but further down

jessied

HSC
No, I didn't change my preferences at all. I had a look at courses around my uai but none really appealed to me and physio was already my 1st two preferences, so changing my next 7 would have been pointless if I was only going to do the course because I could not because I wanted to.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Nup, didn't change anything. But my UAI gave me a good idea of what to expect, I only hope the cut off doesn't rise more than 1.5 UAI points, or it's down to my next preference.

niteshade1312

HSC
I thought realistically and the UAI I received was what I thought. So when I originally put down preferences I was incredibly realistic and can still potentially get 6 of the 9 i put down. The again, I did get rid of those unattainable.

cimbom

HSC
Mine were almost exactly the same... i changed some around, like getting rid of commerce, not really because of my UAI but because i read faculty handbooks etc. and became more aware i guess of what i really wanted to do. i just wanted to be above the cut-off by more than 0.25 for my first preference... meh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)