• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

*uhum ....... may i ask who's getting pressure from their parents b'cos of HSC? (1 Viewer)

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by BigngryWoman

Anyway, yes I'm being pressured...they say it's all for me...but I guess in a way it's for them too....and wtf is with parents and bragging to all their friends that their kids got such and such marks...stfu and stop living through your kids....I despise people who let their parents control them so thoroughly....grrrrrr....LIBERTY PEOPLE:p <end rant>
Half the reasons my parents want me to get a grand UAI is so they can brag. Even if the course I wanted to do had a cut off of like 85 or something they'd want me to get 95+... silly people

ellipsis

HSC
Originally posted by lillaila

I'm sick of life.......i wish i could be 30 or smthng right now......or 90 and dying............the person i hate the most is me, the person i love the most is me. Life sux...............sometimes....... all the time i feel like goin into the kitchen and slitting my wrists...........i wish i could just die right now , i dont care about n e one n e more.......i wont be able to care when im dead, they say the ones who live suffer the most. Not only school but everything else........my stupid parents fight all the time...........and violently........dad used to bash mum when i was a baby...not n e more.......mum chucks things around the house............BUT............N E ONE ..........absolutely everyone from outside looking in will believe were a happy family............we look like it, noone drinks, noone smokes............no drugs, nothing.......no explanation......i wish we had drugs or stuff so we could blame it on smthng but no, ive got my exams and im sitting here writing this. I remember my first memory of them fighting.........i remember each second of it. I have no freedom...........i cant go out, i cant see n e one...... theres no way i could find help . Theres no physical love in this family........seeing parents kiss their children.........whatever....ill prolly grow up to be a bitter old lady, or i might not grow up at all...................i dunno y im writing this. I cant call n e up, talk to n e one. They get suspicious if i talk to a guy, look at him whatever.........i know i make them sad.......so im trying so hard, but i know i wont be able to reach their expectations...........i used to go tutoring 10 hrs on sat and sun.....where do they get the money?............my parents dont work...........and i have no knowledge of the outside world. Whats the use of living....."no ure stilla lil girl"..................im 17 already! I'm so scared to dying but i feel that its soooooooo easy to. ......n e one i kno who reads this wouldnt blieve its me. Outside im a very happy person, i laugh......i go hypo, what they dun understand is that im hiding it all........atm my world revolves around school, hsc, school........i hate studying, i hate cramming all these stuff...........ive got my physics exam in 3 days and i havent started learning ...........let alone study.......i was raised to be a quiet girl, dont talk back, be polite.......i kno im not this sort of person.............theres a huge gap btwn me and my parents. Tjhey were raised diffrenetly, in a diff country........they dun undertsnad "tennage business" or whatever.........i tell myself...im never gonna do this to MY children.........

Hey some of this sounds really bad :( . Don't be so hard on yourself. You can find help. Talk to your friends or something. Don't fake being happy to them and hide it all.
The HSC isn't the be all and end all. When its over and you're 18 you can move out, forget your parents and life will really begin ! :)
Did you talk to a counsellor about having OCD yet ?

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
Originally posted by m3.4..012

Since my sister didn't recieve a great mark they say they're depending on me..

-___-*
Same, my bro n my cousin didnt get that good mark so now the whole family's pressure is on me n my cousin, plus from my parents to beat my cousin. And the bragging comes into it too, not brag within my family but also over the whole community and our family friends, who got like over 90.

Usually I nod,:rolleyes: and mentally switch off, bc I know the whole lecture by heart:eek:.

Don't let it push u, it might be hard to do, but listen and then wipe it away from ya mind, and do ur work.

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
yah...I agree with ellipsis, it sounds pretty bad :(
I know initially it's really hard to approach people to talk to them. But you have to keep telling yourself that you can't keep taking this all by yourself cause it will crash you down eventually.
Push yourself real hard to reach out for help, once that initial barrier is crossed it'll be easier.
Have you tried the kids help line? if you don't wanna call them you can always email them. they're quite helpful.
after the hsc there'll be lots of things that you can do so that you can live independently from your parents...

smittenkitten

Poopinator
You guys are getting pressured because you're older brothers and sisters got high marks...meanwhile I'm the eldest in the family...and the first to be doing the hsc...<grumbles> So I get pressured...actually, at one point my grandad suggested I take up tennis cos I'm so 'sporty' (in their eyes) so I could make tonnes of money and share it with them...<nods sarcastically> Uh huh...right.:rolleyes:

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
Their pressure is driving me into thoughts of suicide... my parents constantly nagged my the last 6 years, and never even gave one word of encouragement... everything i do well in, they never give a word of compliment... if i dont get 100 but say 99, they say "Why not 100! you are a failure!"... i hate them... i hate them all...

bobo123

HSC
i guess an alternative perspective on the whole pressure thing is that it does motivate you to work to shut them up
otherwise i would have no motivation at all besides achieving the "nerd trifecta" - oc, selective and uni
:)

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by Harimau
Their pressure is driving me into thoughts of suicide... my parents constantly nagged my the last 6 years, and never even gave one word of encouragement... everything i do well in, they never give a word of compliment... if i dont get 100 but say 99, they say "Why not 100! you are a failure!"... i hate them... i hate them all...
My MUM is like that... if I get 95+ in something which is bloody good for me I am veyr happy with myself and I ask her and she'll be like "what happened to the rest of the marks?" You're jus like UGH. She's stopped doing that now I think? I hope.

Harimau

HSC
Originally posted by InfiniteQ

My MUM is like that... if I get 95+ in something which is bloody good for me I am veyr happy with myself and I ask her and she'll be like "what happened to the rest of the marks?" You're jus like UGH. She's stopped doing that now I think? I hope.
Finally someone who shares my pain... My school is fully of idiot skips and they all bully me to death... a combination of these two factors may just lead me to suicide one of these days... (my school is Waverley College, nuf said :mad: )

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
Originally posted by Twintip
Me to mum in year 8: "What do you reckon I'll get in the HSC"
Mum to me: "I have no idea, 98?"
Me: "Shit, eh?"

Me to mum half way through year 11: "I want 99.5"
Mum to me: "Shit, eh?"

They'll be happy with anything 97+ methinks. Anything less and they'll know I have slackened off. I won't be truly satisfied with anything below 99, even if I don't get 99.6 (and my next pref is 97), I'd still like to see "99.something" on that piece of paper. :)
Seriously , even i m aiming for 99. something....even i wud love to c 99.sumthing on that piece of paper..i won't care about the decimal places...........though...

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
Originally posted by InfiniteQ

my mum's da same but i have got used to it now......

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
i used to tell em my marks, in junior high ..... now i hide them.......i have no privacy........i hide my exams in my socks drawers.........n e where, everywhere.......they find it...........i dun have a lock on the door, i put up a sign "do not enter"...........(doesn't work)
I'm sick of life.......i wish i could be 30 or smthng right now......or 90 and dying............the person i hate the most is me, the person i love the most is me. Life sux...............sometimes.......all the time i feel like goin into the kitchen and slitting my wrists...........i wish i could just die right now, i dont care about n e one n e more.......i wont be able to care when im dead, they say the ones who live suffer the most. Not only school but everything else........my stupid parents fight all the time...........and violently........dad used to bash mum when i was a baby...not n e more.......mum chucks things around the house............BUT............N E ONE ..........absolutely everyone from outside looking in will believe were a happy family............we look like it, noone drinks, noone smokes............no drugs, nothing.......no explanation......i wish we had drugs or stuff so we could blame it on smthng but no, ive got my exams and im sitting here writing this. I remember my first memory of them fighting.........i remember each second of it. I have no freedom...........i cant go out, i cant see n e one......theres no way i could find help. Theres no physical love in this family........seeing parents kiss their children.........whatever....ill prolly grow up to be a bitter old lady, or i might not grow up at all...................i dunno y im writing this. I cant call n e up, talk to n e one. They get suspicious if i talk to a guy, look at him whatever.........i know i make them sad.......so im trying so hard, but i know i wont be able to reach their expectations...........i used to go tutoring 10 hrs on sat and sun.....where do they get the money?............my parents dont work...........and i have no knowledge of the outside world. Whats the use of living....."no ure stilla lil girl"..................im 17 already! I'm so scared to dying but i feel that its soooooooo easy to.......n e one i kno who reads this wouldnt blieve its me. Outside im a very happy person, i laugh......i go hypo, what they dun understand is that im hiding it all........atm my world revolves around school, hsc, school........i hate studying, i hate cramming all these stuff...........ive got my physics exam in 3 days and i havent started learning ...........let alone study.......i was raised to be a quiet girl, dont talk back, be polite.......i kno im not this sort of person.............theres a huge gap btwn me and my parents. Tjhey were raised diffrenetly, in a diff country........they dun undertsnad "tennage business" or whatever.........i tell myself...im never gonna do this to MY children.........
i feel sorry for u......

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
Originally posted by Harimau
Gosh, that's sooo true!
I leave a few quest.s out and they give me the silent treatment. School sends a letter home congratulating me, they say.......try even harder...........eshhhhh
I hate being the oldest............i guess.......i havto rely on myself.
P.S. MY BIO TEACHER IS THE BEST.............I TALK TO HER AND SHES SO MOTHERLY...........only thing im happy about.
:D

Harimau

HSC

Gosh, that's sooo true!
I leave a few quest.s out and they give me the silent treatment. School sends a letter home congratulating me, they say.......try even harder...........eshhhhh
I hate being the oldest............i guess.......i havto rely on myself.
P.S. MY BIO TEACHER IS THE BEST.............I TALK TO HER AND SHES SO MOTHERLY...........only thing im happy about.
:D
Aww thats so nice... I hate all my teachers, especially my maths teacher... She is an absolute slut... (And she dresses like one too) and her voice is more manlier than 3/4 of the school! (I go to a boys school) ... Maybe the secret on why girls do better is because they have a better working environment..

smittenkitten

Poopinator
Originally posted by bobo123
i guess an alternative perspective on the whole pressure thing is that it does motivate you to work to shut them up
otherwise i would have no motivation at all besides achieving the "nerd trifecta" - oc, selective and uni
:)
hahahaha:) The 'nerd trifecta' :)!!! Scary...I'm already 2/3 of the way there. *yikes*

Hmm...somehow their ranting doesn't motivate me. What I do do however is fight back...quite alot actually. Maybe there's still hope of moulding them into the perfect parents yet.

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
Originally posted by BigngryWoman
Maybe there's still hope of moulding them into the perfect parents yet.
That was tried last year...no success...good luck

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by Chand

That was tried last year...no success...good luck
That's because no one's perfect. You aren't and they aren't :p

I understand why my parents freak out in a way because I'm the first kid goin through the HSC and they're new to dealing with it as well as me. During the holidays they would say all sorts of stupid stuff like banning me from a camp and not letting me buy an MD because "it would distract you from the HSC"
They don't say much to me anymore because we're all too busy doing our thing to exchange words about it.

pri

HSC
N/A
im the eldest too but we have a LOT of family friends who got the high 99's, so my parents have very high expectations, anything under 98 and they will be vastly disapointed.

they disconnected the TV...threatened to take away the cable modem....bloody NAZI's.

Im feeling kinda stressed because I havent achieved the most wonderful marks, with crappy rankings for the UAI i wanna get. Oh wellz mebbe the droves of smart ppl in my skool will pull me up.

Shocker_85

Originally posted by Rahul
all the tym...they accept for me to get 95+

i would be happy wid a 90+ mark

they constantly remind me that my whole life depends on the next few months, and when i try to tell them that it isnt the end of the world if i dont get a *good* mark, i get told that i think i know too much. :chainsaw: :mad1:

same here...my parents are da same! all indian parents are like dat...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)