• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

uni?? (1 Viewer)

merna7

HSC
hey guys,

just wondering is it just me or is anyone else worried about making it to uni???!
im like worried as hell!!! i would honestly love to go uni but im worried like theres no tomorrow!!

:uhoh: :confused2:

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Of course, everyone had that horrible gut feeling before university offers came out in mid january this year.

merna7

HSC
i havn't got any of my recent ranks i only have my first term assessments which were all average and above average and my school rank is around 300-490

Last edited:

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
What do you want to do when you graduate?

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
Your school rank is shit Girl,

Yeah, I have a feeling that I won't get into medicine, this is my only passion, if I don't get in, I might die. Noone is kind enough to give me edit my essay on Julius Ceasar, I really want full marks, otherwise I will miss my career.

merna7

HSC
yeah i know^ thats terrible, ask your teacher to mark it for you....
and OzKo i want to do a bachelor of arts in history at acu

HSC
I don't even know what I want to do. I'm freaking out about having nothing to put down on those admission paper things.
They haven't invented the degree I want! haha

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
yeah i know^ thats terrible, ask your teacher to mark it for you....
and OzKo i want to do a bachelor of arts in history at acu
Anyone- Who is nice here, I can't believe that everyone is not kind enough- One day you will need the same help guys,

merna7

HSC
what is it that you want to do?? and dw im sure you will know when we have to apply for uni :)

HSC
Streetboy - ^^ I think we're all kind of stressing out with our own essays!! Get someone you know who has finished school to refine it, or ask your teacher?

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
Streetboy - ^^ I think we're all kind of stressing out with our own essays!! Get someone you know who has finished school to refine it, or ask your teacher?
OK. Thanks, I understand, noone wants to help one another on this entire forum. Good luck guys

merna7

HSC
im not sure my self, but i think applications start in august

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
im not sure my self, but i think applications start in august
ok. I see, but we still need to check just to be sure. haha guess what it would be so funny if a kid, didn't know whats UAC ans he missed his chance of getting a place. funny as hell, lol

Jikky

HSC
If you want to make it into Uni, you will.
If you want to make it into Uni next year, you can, but you will have to work very hard.

Getting into Uni is easy, there are so many different pathways! The HSC is just a glorified, hyped and pressure-filled pathway - don't let it get to you.
I'm not worried at all due to this fact.

But of course, getting into Law and all the high-demanding courses will require you to have worked your ass off this HSC year. Sadly, that ain't me!

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
There are so many unis with low cut offs (50s etc.) coupled with TAFE access schemes, bonus points, EAS etc.

My brother received a 59.something and made it into his course with a TAFE pathways thing (did TAFE alongside the first two years of uni I believe). He got a job exactly in the field he wanted when he graduated.

It you want to go to ACU, the cut offs tend to be very manageable, plus you may have EAS considerations or bonus points.

Getting into university is overhyped, with so many alternative pathways etc. Getting your foot in the door is the main thing, you can always transfer once in the system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)