• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Uni's for hosp and tourism? (1 Viewer)

niesh

HSC
People are always saying how certain unversities have repuations for being good for particular fields. How do people know which uni's are good for what? If i want to study hospitality and tourism which ones are best? any help at all would be good cos i have no idea! information on private collages would be helpful too

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
It really depends what areas of tourism and hospitality you intend to get into. If you want to work in say a travel agent, its better to go to tafe and do atleast a certificate 2 or higher. If you want to work as a planner, marketer, etc those government jobs its best to go to uni. Don't know much about hospitality though.

UWS, UTS, UNSW and CSU all had tourism courses when I applied for uni, I know UWS has hospitality management, dunno about other unis. Each have a different area of study. The course I do combines both tourism and environmental management, its sort of like eco-tourism. Which none of the other major city unis offer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)