• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Unsw Co-op (2 Viewers)

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
theone123 said:
first of all, was that a "term" of contract?
I'm not sure if its a term, but that's what I have been told. It's covered in Clause 5 of the agreement.

gigi2000

co-op isn't all good...lots of people have dropped out already in first year... guess they were attracted to it because of the money and because they thought they MIGHT want to do commerce etc...
make sure its what you want to do, because they money def wont keep you there in the end if you're doing something you hate
cheers

ishq

brown?
HSC
Hi guys! A couple of Co-op noob questions:

Are the number of Accounting Co-op positions available usually 10/12?
Also, do Co-op students take classes with normal/ non Co-op students? Or separately?
Lastly, while doing industry training under/with a corporation, do you get paid by the corporation as well?

Thanks!

tempco

HSC
ishq said:
Hi guys! A couple of Co-op noob questions:

Are the number of Accounting Co-op positions available usually 10/12?
Also, do Co-op students take classes with normal/ non Co-op students? Or separately?
Lastly, while doing industry training under/with a corporation, do you get paid by the corporation as well?

Thanks!
question 2 - uh, yes. they aren't that special. :p

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
You can see the list of current sponsors on the Co-op website: http://www.co-op.unsw.edu.au/ .

The number of positions fluctuates depending on how many sponsors apply / are asked that year.

Co-op students do exactly the same subjects as non co-op scholars, but may have a slightly more rigid subject plan - for example, it is compulsory for Computer Science students to take a 3rd level database subject as one of their computing electives.

While you're on IT you are paid the same way as though you were studying at university. IT is considered as an 18uoc subject (hence you are still a full time student and applicable for benefits like Austudy etc). You will not be paid by the company.

ishq

brown?
HSC
Thanks anti! :)

I'm doing my UAC preferences right now - and for the commerce Co-op, I just need to put the BCom course code in - right? I want to apply for both the Co-op and non Co-op places...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)