• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UNSW Engineering, starting semester 2.. still confused? (1 Viewer)

wb47

HSC
Hey guys I posted a similar thread a while back and although I have understood quite a bit from it I still have a few questions:

Well basically I am to start engineering at UNSW soon in Semester 2 but on the topic of courses, can any course be done in any order (of semester) as long as you have the prerequisites?

also is it okay if I choose no electives for my first semester (semester 2) as follows: MATH1311, PHYS1211, COMP1911 and ENGG1000?

But I have been informed options for projects is limited for ENGG1000 for Semester 2, how about for Summer semester, will it still be limited? If not I will probably do an elective instead.

Thanks

wb47

HSC
And thirdly how important are Year 1 electives? because I seem to have a VERY limited choice in it for semester 2 and summer semester,

also what are your opinions on Chem1011 and something else for sem 2 and sum sem ?

If not what are some good suggestions for electives suited for me?

Thank You

Last edited:

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
If a course is not offered in a semester than obviously you can't take it that semester. As far as I am aware, ENGG1000 is not run in the summer semester. Choosing no electives in your first semester is fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)