• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UNSW Median ATAR and UMAT (1 Viewer)

latent

HSC
I'm wondering what would be a safe enough ATAR/UMAT combo to get INTO med at UNSW if I scored an above average (but not too above) interview score. Obviously 100%ile UMAT and 99.95 ATAR would be the safest, but I am wondering what would be safe enough, provided that I get an okay interview score.

So what I am asking is:

What is the median ATAR and median UMAT score needed by a local student (who has achieved the median interview score) to be successfully offered a first round UNSW
i) unbonded offer?
ii) bonded offer?

PS I've search this whole site and MSO for an answer to this question but haven't been able to find the answer yet! All that comes up are scores of individuals who have gotten in or the bare minimum combo needed to merely get an interview (like the table on the UNSW med site).

Dream Meteor

HSC
Im not too sure about bonded, but it seems to me that the majority of my friends (unbonded) from UNSW med have an ATAR of 99.5 - 99.9 and a UMAT raw score of roughly 180 - 185.

Hope that sort of answered your question.

latent

HSC
So would a 99.5 and a 180 (90th %ile) be pushing it if they got the median interview score?

Dream Meteor

HSC
So would a 99.5 and a 180 (90th %ile) be pushing it if they got the median interview score?
Hmm, I think they've still got a fairly alright chance of getting in. Or maybe bonded? Its kinda hard to say, maybe they'll get second round or JUST make the first round I think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)