• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UTS - Semester 2 2006 Official Results thread + Predictions (Wed 20th Dec) (1 Viewer)

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Wednesday 20th Dec - Spring semester results released
- http://www.sau.uts.edu.au/exams_ass/exam_dates.html

A quote from the last semester's thread by jasee (this information should apply for this semester):
jasee said:
http://www.uts.edu.au/onestop/studentadmin/
Click on "Results", then you may have to select your course, and then it will display your results.
I recommend logging in by 23:00 and clicking around every 5-10 minutes (anything less than that is not really needed). Don't refresh the page as it wastes resources and also sometimes logs you out. The system only allows a certain amount of people on at a time and it will give you a busy page when its full.
Results are also available via 1300 656 887, although usually not until around 9am or so.
Visit http://www.sau.uts.edu.au/exams_ass/index.html for more details.

I know it is a long time to go (about 22 days in fact) and some exams haven't even finished; but yeah, feel free to post your mark predictions here as well.

Huratio's Predictions (AKA 'guestimate' - thejosiekiller):
- Accounting for Business (22107): (High) Credit to (Low) Distinction.
- Managing People and Organisations (21129): (High) Credit to (Low) Distinction.
- Economics for Business (25115): (Low) Distinction to (Low) High Distinction.
- Systems Modelling (31424) : (High) Credit to (Low) Distinction.
We'll see.

Last edited:

Jian

HSC
N/A
31465 Object Orient Programming: (High) High Distinction
31466 Principles of Distributed Computing: (High) High Distinction
31467 Networking 1: (High) Credit to (Low) Distinction
31468 Information Classification and Control: Distinction

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Legal Process and History: Z - Fail
if i get between 45-49% i can sit a supplementary exam though :(
Legal Research Low Credit
Marketing: Distinction-High Distinction

real results

Legal Process and History: 60% PASS :D
Legal Research 85% HD :D how far was i off that
Marketing: Distinction 83 :(
damn 2 off a HD

Last edited:

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
Huratio said:
Huratio's Predictions (AKA 'guestimate' - thejosiekiller):
hahah i love it!

immunology 1
haematology 1
epidemiology and public health microbiobiology
analytical biochem
molecular biology 1

all credits or better i think :s :eek:

HSC
Economics : Pass
Marketing: Pass
Systems Modelling: Distinction (<3 huration)
Programming Fundamentals: Credit.

i'll try next semester.

HSC
N/A
Med Sci 2 - Fail
Biomolecules - Fail
Chem 2C - Fail
Physical Aspects of Nature - Fail

w00t

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
thejosiekiller said:
hahah i love it!

immunology 1
haematology 1
epidemiology and public health microbiobiology
analytical biochem
molecular biology 1

all credits or better i think :s :eek:

GO YOU!!

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
yep..ohhh i c.

no more science for me! :(
btw jenny isnt too bad.. she's reallly nice.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
hahah i love it!
"guestimate" is going to become a UTS tradition soon.

DigitalFortress said:
Economics : Pass
Marketing: Pass
Systems Modelling: Distinction (<3 huration)
Programming Fundamentals: Credit.

i'll try next semester.
<3

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC
Haven't been here for a while :D Silly UTS always has to take so long with results :(

Business Information Analysis/Business Statistics: (high) Distinction or a High Distinction
Fundamentals of Business Finance: (high) Distinction or a High Distinction
Accounting Transactions and Business Decision: (high) Distinction or a High Distinction
Internet Commerce: (high) Distinction

Hopefully they'll be all HDs..at least the business ones XD

Oh and let me add, Internet Commerce is one of the poorest, if not the poorest subject I've ever taken at UTS so far. It's sad that I would have potentially almost gotten a high distinction without a) purchasing a text book and b ) reading the text book except for the glossary which is all you need to do. Ughh, I can go on and on with the amount of things and the quality of that subject, but I' getting off topic :p

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
ragnarok said:
Oh and let me add, Internet Commerce is one of the poorest, if not the poorest subject I've ever taken at UTS so far. It's sad that I would have potentially almost gotten a high distinction without a) purchasing a text book and b ) reading the text book except for the glossary which is all you need to do. Ughh, I can go on and on with the amount of things and the quality of that subject, but I' getting off topic :p
Please go on lol. I've chosen the Internet Business Technology sub-major to start in Spring 2007.

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC
Huratio said:
Please go on lol. I've chosen the Internet Business Technology sub-major to start in Spring 2007.
Let's see.

- What you learn in the lectures and what you do in tutorials do not even closely correlate with each other (you might skimp around topics, but it'll be either generalised or something you know/don't need).

- The tutorial work is NOT tested on. Some (okay all) tutorials are the biggest waste of time ever. One tutorial literally involved you going to a website and COPYING answers from a FAQ section of the website. The question is the same as the FAQ and to obtain the answer, you can just Ctrl+F for it.

- The mid-semester exam is a combination of 'fill-in-the-blanks' (15 marks) and multiple choice (5 questions worth 1 mark each). No word bank, no nothing. You have to know your stuff really well. What annoyed me the most was that I think 2 or 3 questions in that exam were about things we hadn't even learnt yet, or we never did learn at all. I know some one who did the same as me (i.e. read the glossary) and got equal first. I feel behind by half a mark (don't ask me how you get half marks in multiple choice/fill-in-the-blanks).

There will be questions like "a standard notation for modelling of real-world objects as a first step in developing an object-orientated design methodology is ____________________________________". Firstly, even if you had read the textbook, you'd probably see the word like twice without explaination/context. The lecture notes just give the acronym which isn't any use to you, and you never learn/write anything about it, nor is it really relevant to any part of the subject overall (in a broad sense).

- The lecturer said the final exam is NOT a test on your memory. It seemed to me like it was nothing but. There was a question like "blah blah blah packets or something blah blah: a) X.20 Protocol; b ) X.25 Protocol; c) X.400 Protocol; d) X.500 Protocol. Again, not once did we a) touch on this in class and b ) use it any where, were given information about it. The final exam also had questions which were common sense and didn't even seem to fit the content of the subject overall e.g. If your fridge breaks down, who do you see for warranty? Another thing is that the final exam this year had like 95% of the answers that had "All of the above" were actually all of the above. If a person knows 2 of them are right, then they'l know it's All of the above right away. That is NOT testing your knowledge properly.

Oh and let me add, I feel the lecturer is not competent in this subject at all even though she's been teaching it for many semesters. She literally regurgitates words/meanings from the textbook every time and on the topics that are a little tricky, will just zoom past them/ignore them. I found it really ironic one time that about a minute after she said it wasn't a test of memory, she picked up a piece of paper with I assume meanings on it, and regurgitated the glossary meaning. Well done.

- They now make you do a "self-study journal" as there is now also a participation mark for class. How is she to tell us how to study? She says that it'll help us study in the end and we won't need to do any notes. For me, this is a total waste of time because it is not how I study efficiently. Not to mention that you'd probably do poorly if you relied on those study notes alone and did not read the glossary a few times at least.

- The final revision lecture was literally an amalgamation of every lecture up to that date. So basically she just repeated some slides and so on over and over. Do NOT bother going. Period.

- The content of the subject overall is very limited and not detailed enough for you to do anything. Much of the stuff is common sense, not going to be useful and/or pointless to learn.

They should really do those quiestionaire/survey things after the final exam :p I have too much to write at times ~_~

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I did Internet Commerce in Autumn 06 in my final semester. I purposely left this to the end because it's a very pointless subject and I only did it because it's a core in the IBT sub-major. Lucky for the 2007+ students that this isn't a core subject anymore in the new majors. I went to like 1 or 2 lectures and like 1 lab (which was the mid-semester exam lol). It was at 9am in the morning, so more of a reason not to go, lol. The final exam is like 2 hours but you can do it in like 30 mins. They mark the assignment hard though, but considering I did it the night before I got an alright mark for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)