• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UWS 2 MQ arts/law transfer (1 Viewer)

g_dob

HSC
hey there.
im hoping to get out of UWS and transfer to MQ or UTS (UTS probably harder right..). Got 85.35 UAI (+ EAC points, but i dont know whether they're still applicable,) and GPA 5.25- first semester. Does anybody know what I would need to get in my 2nd semester to make this possible? Im gonna apply in anycase, however- does anybody know when applications for transfering open up this year on UAC?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
im guessing youll probably need a high distinction average during 2nd semester to have any chance of going to mq or uts. Applications for transfer open in august i think. Check the uac website for more details.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
:wave:

If you get all HD's (somehow) this semester the highest possible gpa u could get is 6.125 which is regarded as around a 97 uai. For external transfers to mac i believe its 1/2 GPA + 1/2 UAI (EAC not considered) = 91ish.
Last year B Arts/B Laws (csp) cut-off was 95.50 in 2006 and 93.60 in 2007. So it has the potential to increase to the 96ish mark where its been the past few years prior to 07. Last year I was just over a point under the cut-off and I didn't get in:(

You might as well take your chances applying because other than the $20ish you don't lose anything.

And for UAC applications open in 'early August'.

Last edited:

breed obsession
A wine-soaked strobe-lit Asiatic hall of mirrors
HSC
Hey g-man :wave: Sam from torts.
You'd need to get extremely good marks to transfer this year (think all distinctions // high distinctions). That said, if you get consistently high marks over the next couple of semesters you'll end up with a good GPA too. In my opinion it's easier to get a pretty high GPA over a longer period of time (assuming you didn't do as well as you wanted first sem) but the longer you leave it the more chance there is of future conflicts with credit for subjects etc.
Hope that made sense, I'm too tired to be bos-ing. I think we have roughly the same GPA but I don't know for sure since my Communication marks never came through properly :confused: and my GPA currently says " " in Platform web. I figure hit up a few distinctions, maybe a HD if possible, in this coming semester, try for the same in the next year and everything should work out fine.
As ari pointed out, it doesn't hurt to apply just in case. We all want to get out of UWS :)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Its worth a shot. I think with slightly better marks you might stand a chance and really its only $20 to apply, even though the UAI at Macq was 93.something the process for transfers is slightly different and no one knows how the uni will decide. I did what you would like to do but started off with a higher UAI and a slightly lower GPA 5.125. Applications open in August at the same time as the HSC kiddies and you get your offer same time as well. Good luck

P.s have you considered Wollongong their program is pretty well regarded, that is if the travel doesn't bother you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)