• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UWS ---> another uni? (1 Viewer)

purplemonkey

HSC
Can anyone tell me what the dilio is with changing unis? Eg. How long do u have 2 study @ ur 1st one for? How are units credited, etc. Thanks muchly!

SweetSeasons

HSC
you can transfer after your first semester ... but you need good marks

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
^ Thats only if the uni has mid year admission.

Generally though, its after one year. Taking into consideration usually 50% UAI and 50% GPA.

As for unit credited, it depends what you have done and what you are transfering to. You'd have to ask the uni about that one.

L

LaraB

probly a better idea to ask people at the uni you want to transfer to coz uws has little to do with that since its the policy of the other uni that counts for when you can trasnfer in...

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
Damage Inc. said:
See, everyone is trying to get out of UWS, because it's a shithole. You all should do the same.
you just talk talk talk without listening, maybe they have other prioroties, they havent even started uni, maybe they are going to like it and stay there (like i did). have you even read the post that asylum put up?
look kiddo, education is not only the hsc, you have no idea about reading and accepting, how are you going to be sucessful at ANY UNI if you don't read and LEARN, before just making lame ASSUMPTIONS? go back to the other thread and learn yourself a few things, before just popping up with your own hypothesis.

L

LaraB

melsc said:
^If anyone annoys you on bos there is always the ignore function, that way you won't have tp read their posts, might stop a few arguments.
if people wanna respond they can...

plus - the ignore function screws up my computer n i know friends have said the same - the page loads all weird and disjointed..

Jonathan A

HSC
If UWS is crap or not what you want, don't sign up for it so you can transfer, leave your spot for a person who actually has faith in their education and wants to attend.

D.

Blurg!
HSC
N/A
This 50/50 deal most people on this site quote isn't true in my experience. I just transfered out of UWS after one years worth of units into USyd, without a UAI.

L

LaraB

D. said:
This 50/50 deal most people on this site quote isn't true in my experience. I just transfered out of UWS after one years worth of units into USyd, without a UAI.
people are saying that becuase that is generally what happens as that is how transfers are done according to the uac guide...

ps - is your HSC date on your profile correct?

coz if so - that is why your UAI probably wasn't accounted for because there is a huge difference between the UAI levels from the 90s to now...

D.

Blurg!
HSC
N/A
You misunderstand, I don't have a UAI, period. In which case they either use the 50/50 rule (which according to the UAC guide is only listed as selection critieria under law degrees) and therefore the max I could score is 50. Or they use my GPA as the full 100%. Nonetheless, Purplemonkey could reasonably expect to tranfer out after one year to straight Arts or Sceince.

L

LaraB

D. said:
You misunderstand, I don't have a UAI, period. In which case they either use the 50/50 rule (which according to the UAC guide is only listed as selection critieria under law degrees) and therefore the max I could score is 50. Or they use my GPA as the full 100%. Nonetheless, Purplemonkey could reasonably expect to tranfer out after one year to straight Arts or Sceince.
yes, well that's irrelevant to the discussion then as obviously if people in here have just done their HSC and are asking about how soon they can transfer, they have got UAIs...

generally from posts in the past in here from other uws students they have seemed to say they had both UAI and GPA/WAM counted depending on where they transferred to/from... it may not always be the case but that seems to be what the majority have said their transfers involved..

klh

HSC
as mentioned, you will need to specify which uni as each uni has different admission requirements, usually the main unis we see such as UNSW and USYD use the 50/50 rule [UAI/GPA] while others go on GPA alone over a period of time 1 or 2 semesters but alos may use relevant work experience to gain academic credit etc. and gain points [cehck the SCU Schedules in the trasnfer forums] so check your UAC guide which tells you everything unde rthe headings of the uni.

I trasnferred fom UWS to UWS [into different courses] so i know UWS's requirements. UTS uses your GPA as well aas its own questionairre thingo etc.

academic credit will depend on your institution, some will not allow a seemingly similar unit to be crdited to theirs, usually for cross institutional academic credit, you need to fill out forms and submit a unit outline so they can compare the content and ways you were tested int hat unit and its credit points etc. I think someone who wen tofrm UWS to UTS had trouble with it and complained it on here becasue our unit had 2 units to cover this area while UTS only had 1 so it was incompatible. But i dont know, so thats why if oyu are going to trasnfer or thinking maybe chck out your destination institution's units and see if they are similar to the units you will be doing at UWS. It you need help, firstly browse around the uni's site, usually its www.XXXXX.edu.au where XXXXX is the unis initials so UNSW is www.unsw.edu.au and fom there go to future students and go on fom there.

Vahl

HSC
Jonathan A said:
If UWS is crap or not what you want, don't sign up for it so you can transfer, leave your spot for a person who actually has faith in their education and wants to attend.
*Concurs*

I have friends at other unis. They regret their decisions to go to an 'elite' (and alienating) uni. UWS rocks.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
ive got firends in other unis like that too, as soon as some people hear they are form the west they dont want to know them, or say, inst that the place with the riots and terrorists? dam sterotyping.

Vahl

HSC
lol, yep.
What matters is not where you're from or what uni you go to, but what you put in as a person. Creating artificial barriers will only stop people from attaining their potential.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)