• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UWS Internal Transfers (1 Viewer)

aliciat

HSC
Hello! Me again. :)

I've heard UWS has a guarenteed (wow, I so spelt that wrong) internal transfer system as long as you get an above credit average?

So in a hypothetical situation if a person transferred to one of the UWS Business courses, lets just call this person 'unfunky_a' :p, and she got an above credit average would she be able to transfer straight into business/law without having to start first year all over again?

I'm at a very confusing crossroad at the moment and I am having a lot of "I wonder what would have happened if I did things differently" moments.

So yeah, please bear(bare?) with me and my strange dilemma. :D

EDIT: This is more specified to UWS that's why I didn't post it in the general transfer forum.

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
lol. You must be bored today ... or trying to avoid doing work :p

Anyway, if unfunky_a transfers internally, they will have to do first year again, UNLESS because unfunky_a is transfering from business to business/law - the subjects in the new degree have been done before - then unfunky_a will not have to do the subjects again.

aliciat

HSC
lol

Yeah, I didn't get a 90+ UAI. Obviously. Wasn't even considering that as a possibility. :p But was pleasantly suprised with the UAI I did get.

Considering I could have been more prepared and studied more but ah well, it's all in the past now. :D

aliciat

HSC
Cape said:
lol. You must be bored today ... or trying to avoid doing work :p
Moi? Avoiding work... never! I'm going to have an all night tonight though. :D I thrive on last minute-ness!

Cape said:
Anyway, if unfunky_a transfers internally, they will have to do first year again, UNLESS because unfunky_a is transfering from business to business/law - the subjects in the new degree have been done before - then unfunky_a will not have to do the subjects again.
Oooh! Thank you :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
funky_a said:
Screw you! I am funky! *stabs aliciat*
lol ... FIGHT!!!!

*sits back and watched funky_a and aliciat fight*

aliciat

HSC
melsc said:
Alicia T wat skool u go to...

Anyone know wat the transfer rules are 4 law?
I went to Strathfield South High School. If you don't know where that is.. It's not really in the South of Strathfield, it's actually technically 'Enfield'.

lol yeah, weird I know.

aliciat

HSC
funky_a said:
Screw you! I am funky! *stabs aliciat*
Man, that's like the 28354395 time you have stabbed me! And it wasn't like I was directly referring to you. :rolleyes: It was completely random!

aliciat

HSC
melsc said:
Oh I know exactly where that is...You wouldnt know a Matthew Smith by any chance
Uhm... I don't really know anyone that wasn't in my yeah (Class of 2004) But he does sound familiar. Was he from previous years?

aliciat

HSC
natstar said:
If you do units that overlap the course you want to transfer to, you get exempted from them, but you still have to do the units that are in the course you want to transfer in, so if you have to do 1st year units, you have to do them.
So that means it would be First Year again?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)