• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UWS Law (1 Viewer)

L

LaraB

Not-That-Bright said:
I reckon UWS is if anything equal to Macquarie, didn't they have some troubles with their law course? like getting fully accredited?
well...anytime you bag mac's law some mac person appears here and goes nuts...

so all is it doesn't seemto hbe highly regarded by practising lawyers etc..

and their course structure's screwy (coming from mac students, ex mac students and an ex mac lecturer) eg they do jurisprudence before they even do a subject equivalent to Intor to Law and wonder why the students have no idea what they're talking about...i mean how can you disucss the way a system works if you don't know what the system is

but most people are stupid and are too stuck on the whole prestige thing and are convinced uws is full westie...even though its not i mean..no one considers parra to be 'westie":p

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
LaraB said:

and their course structure's screwy (coming from mac students, ex mac students and an ex mac lecturer) eg they do jurisprudence before they even do a subject equivalent to Intor to Law and wonder why the students have no idea what they're talking about...i mean how can you disucss the way a system works if you don't know what the system is

but most people are stupid and are too stuck on the whole prestige thing and are convinced uws is full westie...even though its not i mean..no one considers parra to be 'westie":p
Its stupid that people think coz its "western syd" that its inferior! I am an Inner Westie :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
LaraB said:
uws is full westie...even though its not i mean..no one considers parra to be 'westie":p
Geographically, parramatta is the central part of Sydney.

Thats all I have to say

*Leaves the civil discussions associated with law :p*

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Due to that I'm gunna say UWS Law sux, its full of losers who don't like me and they suck too.
um.... that's cos you're not with the "in-crowd" :D

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I reckon UWS is if anything equal to Macquarie, didn't they have some troubles with their law course? like getting fully accredited?
Has UWS ha any probs having our law courses accredited?
Does Mac still have this prob?

Jonathan A

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:

UWS has not had any troubles with its law degree, the LPAB have accredited our LLB and MLP programmes. Macquarie LLBs however are under more scrutiny. Macquarie originally did not offer Legal Ethics as a compulsory unit, and so graduates without this will not be admitted to the bar unless they cover this unit.

Jonathan A

HSC
LaraB said:

It's strange, the LPAB actually leave Jurisprudence till last in their model, its the 20th Subject (our of 20 subjects) you do. Mac has it first, that's quite interesting although not impossible.

You will also find that UWS best follows the LPAB study, the LPAB set the benchmark on law studies and UWS follows this well. Mac is a little confusing.

Jonathan A

HSC
Korn said:
Has UWS ha any probs having our law courses accredited?
Does Mac still have this prob?

No and No. If you graduate from a law school, you need to apply to the LPAB for admission and they look at your transcript and decide whether it is sufficient for admission. Our degree (and Macquaries now) is sufficient for admission.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
UOW Psychology was 99.80 late round :rolleyes:
maybe, a bunch of nerds had a midnight call and said we all choose UOW Pysch just for fun :p

santaslayer

HSC
The UAI for UWS law has fluctuated significantly these last few years. It is not without reason to suggest that it might hit the 98.00 mark.

B Health Science/ LLB (705680):

2002 = 96.60
2003 = 90.10
2004 = Somewhere in the 92-94 area? (forgets)

2005= ????

santaslayer

HSC
theone123 said:
maybe, a bunch of nerds had a midnight call and said we all choose UOW Pysch just for fun :p
Same happened to UoW B Arts/LLB. Somewhere in the 98 area as well.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
santaslayer said:
The UAI for UWS law has fluctuated significantly these last few years. It is not without reason to suggest that it might hit the 98.00 mark.

B Health Science/ LLB (705680):

2002 = 96.60
2003 = 90.10
2004 = Somewhere in the 92-94 area? (forgets)

2005= ????
Last year it was 90. I hope it doesnt go any higher...or I have no chance!

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
melsc said:
Last year it was 90. I hope it doesnt go any higher...or I have no chance!
Its Law, what do u expect Law is generally high. I would expect it to raise above 90

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Korn said:
Its Law, what do u expect Law is generally high. I would expect it to raise above 90
As if I dont expect law to be high :rolleseyes: I just hope UWS doesn't go too much higher coz I would much prefer to get in first time rather than transfer or do grad bcoz I am so interested in studying law

santaslayer

HSC
melsc said:
As if I dont expect law to be high :rolleseyes: I just hope UWS doesn't go too much higher coz I would much prefer to get in first time rather than transfer or do grad bcoz I am so interested in studying law
All you have to do is get all Band 5's in relatively normal subjects. Get a Band 6 in legal and your set. :)

Angel45

HSC
Yay!

All these up and coming UWS law students....It's really good. Ur gonna luv it, trust me! I'm a first yr and as semester is nearly ova I've nearly finished my first 2 law subjects and it's sad, I really like 'em! But I'm looking 4wd to criminal next semester!

Best of like with HSC studies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)