• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UWS Rocks (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
omg! you walked from parra campus to parra!!! eesh!

I still haven't been to uni the whole week. Still very sick. And I haven't started my urban geography assignment which is due on monday - I have no idea what to do either, cause its not explained very well :(
Whats worse is my lecturer said that I had to get a medical certificate otherwise I fail urban geography :mad: stupid lecturer!

HerO

Banned
69 Penis Avenue, Dickton Pussyville 6969.
HSC
Cape said:
omg! you walked from parra campus to parra!!! eesh!

I still haven't been to uni the whole week. Still very sick. And I haven't started my urban geography assignment which is due on monday - I have no idea what to do either, cause its not explained very well :(
Whats worse is my lecturer said that I had to get a medical certificate otherwise I fail urban geography :mad: stupid lecturer!
Ohhh yeah get well soon capey :p...but if u really are sick than why can't u juz give the doc a visit anywayz?...:cool:

klh

HSC
at least you get to stay at home....sicky, hoep you get better soon though.
i know some good doctors that will sign ya a note..no wait thats mechanics. well, if oyu have a good relatiomship with your doctor, theyll usually sign one.
why can they word assignments more clearly. they do masters, phds, etc, they should word it for a normal person to understand.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I usually get sick once a year. Ironically it was week 5 of uni when I got sick last year. Usually I'm only sick for one or two days, thats why I didn't bother to go and see a doctor. I've got the flu, and antibiotics ain't gonna cure the flu. I've got a good relationship with my doctor anyway, hes known me all my life.

They word assignments like that just to piss us off. I have to do a literature review, yet the outline of the assignment sounds more like an annoted bibliography :confused:

klh

HSC
id rather that than my one.
describe why metaphors help managers with understanding orgs and help understand how to motivate workers.
then it goes in the objectives:
-what is ob and how it is influenced
-all this other crap ...

and all the lecturer said is if oyu answer the obejctives, it answers the question. im like ok, wtf and she is like go and write it/research it and youll understand. pfft.
*heave a very long and exagerated sigh*

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
I just got my first uni assignment back. And wow was it a serious mood-killer. 20/35! thats 57%!!! Ohhhh the horror. But I won't say I put much effort into that tutorial presentation, but still, 57% is highly shocking. /me is depressed.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Don't worry funky_a, that happened to me last year. I thought I was going to get a high mark for my assignment, but I only got a P+. I was angry for a while, but then it just made me want to work harder to get better marks. Marking at uni is so hard!

klh - i think i'll stick to my literature review :p lol.

hero - why are you trying to be so nice :confused:

klh

HSC
about that sickenss thing, your lucky your not asian. if im sick, we get the spoon or coin.
you know what hickies look like? think about that but all over your back in long red stripes.
and its a painful process, i dunno how to explain it but it helps you get better.
basically they put on asian oil crap, smells really strong, and the they use those asian spoons and press it on your back and run it down your back vigourously with alot of force.

but to get the flu out, do alot of sports and make yourself sweat. the flu is a germ and how the body kills it is to go in fever mode to make the conditions unbearable. so go and have liek a run for like 2 hours until you sweat and have a rest. sooner or later youll feel much better,

HerO

Banned
HSC
funky_a said:
I just got my first uni assignment back. And wow was it a serious mood-killer. 20/35! thats 57%!!! Ohhhh the horror. But I won't say I put much effort into that tutorial presentation, but still, 57% is highly shocking. /me is depressed.
That's not 2 bad considering it's ur first assignment ever at Uni. :cool:

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
I was kinda shocked cos as lazy as I am, I haven't got a 50s mark since...the last time I got a 51% for maths..but that's only maths so I don't really care. So yeah, I am totally motivated to do good now! Ima devote all my time to uni work and studying! But for now, I shall bludge and watch Legally Blonde =D

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
HerO said:
That's not 2 bad considering it's ur first assignment ever at Uni. :cool:
But I thought they would go easy on us considering it WAS our first assignment. Ah well.
klh- LMAO @ that asian and coin thing. WHAT?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
funky_a said:
Ima devote all my time to uni work and studying!
haha ... thats what they all say now :p

i'm better than what I was earlier in the week. But I should be back at uni on monday - if I'm not, I'm in trouble :p already so far behind in the subjects. And this week off has caused me to be further behind.

klh

HSC
haha funky_a....me too, i submitted my essay last year full of confidence because i accomplished it in a nights work. it looked good too, and guess what - Pass. i was pissed to see all red market on my beautiful essay wiht 'helpful' comments.
dont get depressed, there is more to come highs and lows.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Awww...Hope you get better Cape! The best thing to do is just concentrate on getting better!

HerO

Banned
HSC
Cape said:
Don't worry funky_a, that happened to me last year. I thought I was going to get a high mark for my assignment, but I only got a P+. I was angry for a while, but then it just made me want to work harder to get better marks. Marking at uni is so hard!

klh - i think i'll stick to my literature review :p lol.

hero - why are you trying to be so nice :confused:
Actually i'm always nice but most of the time either i'm juz misunderstood, or ppl like LaraB luv 2 comment on negative things cuz she luvs 2 stir shit with me, but iz kool :cool:

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
klh said:
haha funky_a....me too, i submitted my essay last year full of confidence because i accomplished it in a nights work. it looked good too, and guess what - Pass. i was pissed to see all red market on my beautiful essay wiht 'helpful' comments.
dont get depressed, there is more to come highs and lows.
Thanks! My next assignment is on Hamlet, so there two possibilities: 1)I will do OKAY because I studied Hamlet last year. This would lift my perspective on uni marking. Or 2)I once again get a close PASS and become depressed and will forever hate uni..until I get a mark I like.

klh

HSC
ahhh, i see you are the fortunate one to not receive the wrath of the spoon.
are you canto? if oyu are, ask your parents wot 'guat sa' means. other than that its no laughing matter. just think of the most painfullest thing youve been through and pretend that its heppening to you repeatedly.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
funky_a - I thought that just cause I did a similar thing in year 12, I wouldn't have to work too hard on the subject. One of my core subjects last year was fundamentals of environmental biology - which was a combination of year 12 earth and environmental science and biology. Meh, I thought i would just bludge my way through the subject, I ended up with an overall mark of 57!

HerO

Banned
HSC
funky_a said:
But I thought they would go easy on us considering it WAS our first assignment. Ah well.
klh- LMAO @ that asian and coin thing. WHAT?
That wouldn't be at all logical since marking criteria at Uni level must be enforced straight away 2 allow the student 2 have an idea of the required standard at Uni.

If lecturers decide 2 go easy on marking juz cuz ur new then u wouldn't know wat u went wrong so next time when u do another assignment u would think that u don't need any improvement from ur last assignment since u were marked leniently juz cuz ur new, so it's important they mark assignments without any bias. :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)