• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Viviens Jewelers (1 Viewer)

Vitus

HSC
Anyone have any info?

I have the option to take a job at Vivien's and am just wondering how it is, what shifts are like, what pay is, etc etc. I'm a 17y.o. in ACT. Even if you didn't work at Viviens, any jeweler is probably similar.

Any answers much appreciated.

Vitus

HSC
Took the job. Pay is award wage plus 0.4% commission.

Have worked three shifts so far, factoring in commission the pay was $12 an hour, $15 an hour, and $13 an hour.

Easy work, just tiring on the feet the whole time. Boss is great, very easygoing, although I don't know if this continues through the whole industry.

Would highly recommend working at a jewellery store to everyone.

shakky15

HSC
Vitus said:
Took the job. Pay is award wage plus 0.4% commission.

Have worked three shifts so far, factoring in commission the pay was $12 an hour, $15 an hour, and $13 an hour.

Easy work, just tiring on the feet the whole time. Boss is great, very easygoing, although I don't know if this continues through the whole industry.

Would highly recommend working at a jewellery store to everyone.
lol so if you sold $1000 you'd get just $4? lol whats the point...

i think there would be a lot of people whod like your job though, considering it must be easy... how are customers?

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
But jewellery is expensive. A few pieces would easily total over a grand, and four bucks is better than none.

Vitus

HSC
shakky15 said:
lol so if you sold $1000 you'd get just $4? lol whats the point...

i think there would be a lot of people whod like your job though, considering it must be easy... how are customers?
Whats the point? It takes me 10-20 minutes to sell a 6 grand ring, $24... not bad for easy work. Customers generally treat you like god because you know about the jewelery and they dont.

Basically if you know your stuff, it's easy work and the money is good. If you don't or are not a people person, you'll suck at it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)