• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Was your ATAR bette than you expected? (1 Viewer)

mitchong

HSC
Hey, this is for people that have already completed their HSC but was your ATAR better than you expected? also, did you find cumulative assessment marks given by the school generally were lower than your final internal assessment mark? I did my math 2u paper accelerated last year and my cumulative mark was 63% ranking 13/25 in a not even top 200 school and it ended up becoming an internal of 83%. Does anyone have any experience with this? Pretty sure i've fucked my trials and hate to think that i'll be stuck with an internal mark of like 70% for everything.
Cheers

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
Hey, this is for people that have already completed their HSC but was your ATAR better than you expected? also, did you find cumulative assessment marks given by the school generally were lower than your final internal assessment mark? I did my math 2u paper accelerated last year and my cumulative mark was 63% ranking 13/25 in a not even top 200 school and it ended up becoming an internal of 83%. Does anyone have any experience with this? Pretty sure i've fucked my trials and hate to think that i'll be stuck with an internal mark of like 70% for everything.
Cheers
how close were you to first? what mark did he/she get?

enoilgam

HSC
I got a little bit better than I expected (say 2 - 3 points better) - my assessment marks were about on par with my exam marks. Dont forget, raw internal marks are moderated.

mitchong

HSC
how close were you to first? what mark did he/she get?
If i'm not wrong i think the top would've been atleast 90 or in the 90s, i'm sure of that. I think the top 4 or 5 were between 95-85, something like that. Infact that average cumulative assessment mark was 65 hahaha. i was 2 marks below that and ended up with an internal of 83. I must be a wizard or some shit

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Yes it was. All the calculators pointed me in the Low 95s to mid 96 region for my ATAR but I was above it by quite a lot. My subjects weren't anything particularly exceptional in scaling (4u English, Advanced Math, Legal, Society and Culture) so I was genuinely surprised to see that my ATAR was more than sufficient to get me into my combined Law degree.

And another yes. My final moderated assessment mark was higher than every one of my subjects significantly - bar English which was only higher by about 3% than what I had been consistently achieving throughout the year. The changes were mostly quite large:

Legal Studies - Average of around 74 internally, final moderation was 91 (and I also pulled a 97 in the exam somehow :D)
Society & Culture - Average of around 80 internally, final moderation was 89
Advanced Math - Average of around 73 internally, final moderation 90

I won't bother with English since they were really similar anyway.

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
I am curious if anyone that has done English Standard in the past are willing to post a similar comparison of their internal, moderated and external marks. Thanks for any replies

yoyoyooo

HSC
N/A
Aimed for USYD Law. Ended up in TAFE retail.

You tell me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)