• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Wat 4U book do u use? (1 Viewer)

yew_315

Oldie
HSC
just wondering which text-book everyone else is using. and let us know if it is good or not. I use cambridge 4unit mathematics. It's got some good hard questions, but the solutions are pretty crap and it jumps lines of working in the examples.

DistantCube

HSC
We use Fitzpatrick, which I like, I'm not a fan of the cambridge ones, but I also bought another one Advanced Mathematics, ext 2 course by Terry Lee, its very very good, Has worked solutions to every question in the back and middle of the book, checklists of things you need to know at stages in the book, it's really useful to study from because it divides topics up really well and you can take a break when you've completed each section according to the checklists....there are a few examples provided at the beginning of each section but generally they are fairly thin, the best part is the worked solutions and explanations.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
We use Cambridge for 4U and fitzpatrick for 2U/3U. I'm not a fan of the fitzpatrick 4U textbook, it's way too easy and a lot of his 3U textbook is more difficult! If you can take it I think the cambridge is very beneficial.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
school gave us fitzpatrick and cambridge, i have most of the rest (patel, lee, coroneous) all hav pros and cons, in the end, it aint the book u hav, its how much work u do that gets u the marks so hu cares really?

FinalFantasy

HSC
i wanted to get terry lee last time, but dey didn't have it there, but now i've almost done half da topics in ext. 2 already, no point getting it. -_-

Stan..

HSC
The search function exists for a reason, Y'Know.
Meh, Your question was answered anyway.

FinalFantasy

HSC
JamiL said:
in class we us patel, althou i also have fitzpatrick n cambride, plus phenix topic by topic past papers... i like it better cos the question are good, hsc type plus they have worked solutions
patel has worked solutions?

thunderdax

I AM JESUS LOL!
HSC
Arnold/Arnold and Fitzpatrick for me. I just go to the teachers if there's a question I can't do.I guess they're bad textbooks if you don't have a good teacher

shafqat

HSC
N/A
we used arnold and coroneos and also our teacher dr pender pulling stuff out of his head
coroneos definitely has some really interesting and hard problems u wont find elsewhere

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
we use fitzpatrik @ 2,3 n 4u level I got cambridge 4u which is like useless now since I dropped the subject, I barely looked @ the first page and I contacted it... dunno if i shuld sell it tho o.0...

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Finally using Cambridge! About time they ordered it.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I use Patel and Cambridge for Extension 2 and for Mathematics + Extension 1 I use Fitzpatrick and Grove. The Patel and the Fitzpatrick are much better than the other two in my opinion

lDoHl

HSC
Yea Cambridge does skip steps in examples so i got Patel which seems to be alright with examples. The Terry Lee books seem alright, a friend showed me his copy and worked solutions for all questions is good in any subject, especially ext 2 maths

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)