• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Weak Acids (1 Viewer)

randomnessss

HSC
Uni Grad
Why does the degree of ionisation of weak acids decrease with increasing concentration? Thanks in advance.

adomad

HSC!!
HSC
The only thing I can think of which explains this is Le Chatelier's Principle.
was thinking of that too, but the percentage of ionisation is a constant value for that acid/base... well at least i think it is... cause the % of ionisation of HCl is always 100%, no questions asked... shouldn't the same apply for weak acids?
to the OP: where did u get that statement from:dog:

randomnessss

HSC
Uni Grad
was thinking of that too, but the percentage of ionisation is a constant value for that acid/base... well at least i think it is... cause the % of ionisation of HCl is always 100%, no questions asked... shouldn't the same apply for weak acids?
to the OP: where did u get that statement from:dog:
Umm I got it from Jacaranda.

chrisnumber1

HSC
from what i remember it was because of the lower amount of ions. for sulfuric acid i was anyway, so it can be stored in iron containers. the equlibrium stuff makes sense, but ask your teacher. from what i did last year thats all you have to know, but its good to understand it, and if i did i tried very hard to forget everything because i will never need it again. and just so you dont do the "who is this retard" i got a band 6 in chem and im white!!!!! just remember to start at the finish, only know what they can ask in the hsc or are likely to ask, that got me through the hsc in general

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)