• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Website design (1 Viewer)

MysticalElement

Troll Slayer
HSC
Hey everyone,
for ipt i have to create a website based on the communication topic.....so i'm using frontapge 2003....its going ok at the moment....just thought i'd ask for some tips or hints for creating a website and maybe some sites that have some good ideas on them...and also i'm trying to use navigation menus in my website, like the flash ones you can get from the net but when i go through them and its comes up the the linking for each button its looks like it whats a link to a website that has already been uploaded to a server, thing is mine don't need to be uploaded so, where can i can some good navuigation menus, coz buttons aren't the best opition coz it based on dot points...so hopefully you see the ideas/advantage of a navigation menu

thanks

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
u can use already pre-existing flash navigation because the link would be already embed into the .fla file. unlesss you had some program to re-code it.. then yeah go for it.

but from previous experience, jsut use simple html. Iframes would also be good as wlel.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Frontpage: Fail.
Flash elements for the sake of using Flash: Fail.
Iframes: Fail.

sca

HSC
Do you have access to DreamWeaver anywhere? If you want to get complicated, you may as well do it right.

If you're going to keep using frontpage, just keep it simple. Make your own buttons in photoshop or something. They don't have to be flash - and flash just looks noobishly out of place if it isn't done right.

Hmm, as a rule of thumb don't even use flash if you can't make it yourself.

You could even just use a table with a background picture for the menu?

HSC
Hasn't frontpage become a depreciated product?

Anyway, please keep in mind that it's not your webdesign skills your teacher will be looking at (so far as to say you shouldn't do stupid things, like blue on black text), but the content.

We had a very similar or identical task last year, and here is my simple yet very effective (ie. full marks) attempt.

Make it well, detailed, nice diagrams and pics - and you will do well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)