• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What about this problem: (1 Viewer)

hayabusaboston

HSC
Hello Moderators, you can move this thread wherever sorry I just want to ask as many people as possible at the moment, could you perhaps move this in 10 minutes?

Okay people, I will not be at school (HAHS) for the first two days of term 1 2012, year 11. I am stressing a bit, is it bad If I miss out on these first two days, will I miss a lot, or is it seriously not a problem? I just feel like im missing out on two weeks. Can someone explain please the significance of this>

SOrry this seems stupid, id appreciate if someone could help me.

loaves

HSC
Seriously? Most of the first few days of any year is just people running around getting classes sorted and stuff anyway. It will have absolutely no impact except for possibly missing a few "you're in senior school now, 9 hours of study a day is expected" lectures from your teachers.

qwerty44

HSC
Even if you do miss anything it won't be much and the teacher will be more then happy to help you out.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Class wise and content wise, two days is not much. As you have to remember that students are allowed to re-pick their subjects within the first 3 or 4 weeks so it's no biggie if you miss out on 2 days as some people change their subjects on the 3rd or 4th week.
Transition wise, it MIGHT be a problem. Like for me, the first two periods on the first day of Tech are basically an introduction to Tech and I have don't go to classes normally like the other students. This applies to all the other new students. In these two periods, we are able to learn the locations of certain subject departments, introduced the location of important rooms and are issued with out timetable. Basically, new students go through the technicalities and processes involved in the transition on the very first day.
But don't worry, I'm sure someone will help you out! HAHS is a very friendly school so it's no biggie missing out for the first two days.

zombies

HSC
Don't worry, you'll be fine! If you wanted to when you come in on the third day you could talk to the teachers of the subjects that you missed, or some students in your class, and find out the homework/worksheets/etc that they got given and just catch up. But I'm sure you won't even need to do that, it's only 2 days so you won't miss much :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)