• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What Bugs Me!!! (2 Viewers)

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Iyounamu and lyounamu wtf??

anyways I understand where you're coming from with this thread, like I read about how people started studying a few weeks before the HSC and ended up with amazing UAI's and I'm putting all this effort in constantly all year and I'll end up with a UAI not even close to what they achieve.

However many of my teachers have said that on average students will get what they deserve in the HSC, obviously if I stopped caring and handed in assessments late then I will do poorly but meh. I feel your pain :)

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
lol, why would someone copy...so obvious as well. oh well,

anyways, back on topic, u shudn't try compare with other people too much, just do the best you can, say if u studied heaps and still didn't do too well, ask yourself, what if i didn't study? would you have got the same result or worse? if its the same then ur doing something wrong in ur study, if not, then just keep going

lionking1191

HSC
life isn't fair, probably best to get used to that early.

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
stellina91 said:
Hey everyone,

Today I received an assessment task back and achieved an average mark. It was an assessment that required a lot of work and effort. What I don't understand is how someone who does the same assignment the night before can possibly get the highest mark in the class? The same goes for a maths exam, some people don't even bother at all to try and yet they get the highest marks!! Do you guys think this is fair? I think it is so wrong!!! :angry: Let me know what you think.
It is what happens, and you can't stop that.

I have for the majority of schooling relied on doing everything the night before / morning due in order to start and finish what was set.

If one happens to beat another who has spent longer, then that is exactly what happens.

There are things people want, and will do everything for it. Then, there is the other person who doesn't need to do anything / very little and will gain it instead. It applies to life, not only school.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
stellina91 said:
Hey everyone,

Today I received an assessment task back and achieved an average mark. It was an assessment that required a lot of work and effort. What I don't understand is how someone who does the same assignment the night before can possibly get the highest mark in the class? The same goes for a maths exam, some people don't even bother at all to try and yet they get the highest marks!! Do you guys think this is fair? I think it is so wrong!!! :angry: Let me know what you think.
It's a combination of natural talent, genius and luck.

Everyone's different and they maybe able to rely on natural talent to quickly absorb things and to BS, or pull an all nighter. It happens alot in uni aswell. But yeah, if they don't pull the hard yards HSC time I doubt they could pull it off on raw talent as alot of the HSC tests what has been rote learned and practiced.

Last edited:

Hypermelon

HSC
Woo. im one of those people. and i love it
guess its in my genes . . .

when i actually spend time on assessments or study before exams i get below average ;S
almost stuffed up my run for this year.

Last edited:

benn07

HSC
It is unfair! But my school has started introducing log books/process journal/revision as part of the assessments, so its making it more fair, maybe talk to your teachers about a revision of the assessment for future years?

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
some people are simply better than others

no matter much effort you put in, your not on par with their intellect

saying its not fair is just being unreasonable, learn to accept the fact there will always be people better than you

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
sometimes the best work one produces is done 6 hours before it's due (or thereabouts).

it just happens, but use whatever work ethic works for you.

as for effort being inversely conducive to your mark, maybe you weren't answering the assessment question as well as you should have [and before i get any flak for that, that just happened to me].

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
I work well under pressure. But in saying that I've learnt the hard way that its not good to leave assessments to the last minute.

Also to the original poster - you'll have to accept that in life there are people who are naturally smart and can wing anything, and those who have to work extra-hard to achieve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)