• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

what course to do??? (1 Viewer)

ben150891

HSC
hey everyone and anyone,
im in a bit of a rut at the moment. I dont know what course to do at uni. i keep changing my mind. i have been thinking about communications(media arts and production), bachelor of ancient history, animal science or primary teaching. But i havnt narrowed it done to these four though. I need advice and opinions from people who are in or have been to university on what a course is. i got an ATAR of 79.45

LordPc

HSC
open up microsoft word and write down why you want to do each of those courses

print it out, give it to your parents, siblings, etc and ask them "which course does it look like I want to do the most?"

also, i think if you have a university degree already, you can easily become qualified as a teacher (like its just an extra year or two). so you can do whatever and if you dont like it, then go and do the teaching thing

if you are still stuck come january, universities have one final open day, so you can go and talk to them about your options

but ultimately you will have to make a decision one way or the other

chefman21

HSC
N/A
Good advice Lord. The other thing I would do is once you figure which one you want to do most, pick the majority of your preferences around that and then maybe two or three degrees in each of your other interests. I think when you pick, pick one really difficult (but achievable) course to get in to and one you are more than likely to get into. You never know your luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)