• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What do you study in Integrating Business Perspectives? (1 Viewer)

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
What do you study in Integrating Business Perspectives?
-do you read all the chapters of Fundamentals of Business Law? If not what chapters do you study?
-what business law topics do you study for Integrating Business Perspectives? Do you study about contracts and consumer protection?

kwu1

HSC
Just read the chapters on fundamentals of business law and cover the main contractual issues. Otherwise, the rest of the IBP textbook is pretty useless. I'd say a safe bet is to skim through the lecture slides throughout the term. Also, work on the group projects consistently with your teammates. That will be sure to secure you a HD.

lukeymuffler

HSC
This subject is a joke. The fact they insist on procuring the text book is disappointing. It's certainly not required. I'm choosing not to try and sell mine.. don't want to rip some poor kid off.

Tutorials were largely made up of a bit of banter, adhoc current affair discussion, a little awkward role playing from time to time wrapped up with discussions our group. Our lecturer was great, but the subject on the whole: rubbish.

Just stay on top of the group work, submit those 'guaranteed full marks just for handing it in' interim assignments and voila. The final exam was strange. A contract law question which we were fairly well groomed for, then 3 random wofty business questions.

Essentially, you will learn very little and your enjoyment of the subject will hinge on your personality type/level of cynicism of the neither here nor there content.

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Me? Just top the group assignment + essay assignment and you're on your way to getting at least a Credit without attempting the Final Exam. I got a Credit (73) in this subject and didn't study just shit.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
When I did it in spring 2012 they had a different exam format where only a reflection and the contract component were examined. Managed to get a HD by cramming the afternoon before and also putting in last minute effort for the group assignment. (helps to have a group who are willing to put in a bit of effort too)

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
I am still asking this question

Last edited:

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
^ agreed! It was just some random crap they put together.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
so like..

how/what do I study. They offered us a question which is basically that if you were an investor and a group of UTS students presented their pitch what are the 4 things you would ask ?

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
so like..

how/what do I study. They offered us a question which is basically that if you were an investor and a group of UTS students presented their pitch what are the 4 things you would ask ?
It's been a while mate.

I would think that those questions are based around value to customers and how feasible it is

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
It's been a while mate.

I would think that those questions are based around value to customers and how feasible it is
hahah what a coninceidence.. I just wrote about that but also I included market targeting,market positioning and value proposition..

so like how do I study the law/legal/contract part of the exam.

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
hahah what a coninceidence.. I just wrote about that but also I included market targeting,market positioning and value proposition..

so like how do I study the law/legal/contract part of the exam.
Yep. And also study the wishy Washy parts of the content

They tested some of that to trick people

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)