• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

what happens if you fail internal assessments? (1 Viewer)

dilos

HSC
Hey,
out of curiousity, say i got
eng adv 80%
eng ext 88%
eng ext 2 98%
maths 75%
chemistry 80-85%
turkish 93%
for your internal assessments, is it still possible for me to get above 91-92% for my hsc? or even if i got them all (except for ext 1, ext 2 english, and turkish) in the 70's...can i make it up with the hsc?

my school is ranked 49th...

santaslayer

HSC
1) You don't get a percentage, you get a UAI. Increments of 0.05.

2) Ranks were more useful although I'm guessing yes you can get 90.00+ with your current scores since your school is ranked 49th and your assessment marks are solid.

3) Your're not failing at all so why are you asking? :confused:

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
failing internal assessments don't matter unless the scholl decides you didn't complete the course satisfactorily

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
If you had excellent ranks but were failing then before the school submits your assessment marks to the Board of Studies, they moderate your marks so there is a reasonable average. They just contribute it to the fact that there have been really hard tests/ hard marking etc. If your ranks were good then as soon as it gets scaled you'd be getting excellent marks. Either that or the Board of Studies would moderate them for your final HSC mark.

dilos

HSC
i'm just really scared i stuffed my trials, some of the questions they asked were so not in the syllabus- it pissed me off!

my chem teacher, (the wife of the guy who wrote Chem-Pathways) always tests us on irrelevant 'did you know issues' to make a point or something.

so now i'm thinking that my average for everything has gone down to like 70-80%, with the exception of english ext 1, english ext 2, and turkish (which are 85-98%)

this is why i'm not sure...if i got say 80s in the hsc exam for everything that i got 70s in my internal marks for...is it still possible to get above 90? Taking into consideration the scaling of my subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)