• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

what if the person coming first stuffs up?? (1 Viewer)

amour

Female
HSC
Hi all,
What happens if the person ranked 1st internally for maths ext 1 doesn't do too well in HSC.
Say the 1st person averages an internal of 90s, as does 2nd person ..

but in external 1st person gets 80s and 2nd person gets 90s in externals?

Thankyou

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Hi all,
What happens if the person ranked 1st internally for maths ext 1 doesn't do too well in HSC.
Say the 1st person averages an internal of 90s, as does 2nd person ..

but in external 1st person gets 80s and 2nd person gets 90s in externals?

Thankyou
Ohhh man, you should be well gutted if 1st gets 80's, man thats like such a bad mark. Mate, i'd be chuffed with that in any subject, let alone MX1. Also, if that were to happen then your two marks will intertwine, and most likely tie on an equal mark, assuming you are that 2nd person.

amour

Female
HSC
Ohhh man, you should be well gutted if 1st gets 80's, man thats like such a bad mark. Mate, i'd be chuffed with that in any subject, let alone MX1. Also, if that were to happen then your two marks will intertwine, and most likely tie on an equal mark, assuming you are that 2nd person.
I'm actually the person coming first.. lol. I'm scared I'll drag my whole class down if I don't do as well in externals because the mark they submitted for me was mid to high 90's. But realistically I dont think I can replicate that mark for HSC because in trials I got around 85% but the person coming second got around low 90%. (CSSA trial btw) But I was submitted as ranked first internally to bos... by less than 1%.

SpreadTheWord

HSC
I'm actually the person coming first.. lol. I'm scared I'll drag my whole class down if I don't do as well in externals because the mark they submitted for me was mid to high 90's. But realistically I dont think I can replicate that mark for HSC because in trials I got around 85% but the person coming second got around low 90%. (CSSA trial btw) But I was submitted as ranked first internally to bos... by less than 1%.
Look i can't criticise, or anything, because chances are your probably 1000x smarter than me, evident by taking such highly regarded subjects such as this (i'd most likely get 5% haha). The reasons why you won't get a bad mark and why you won't drag your class down come HSC are because: its trials, everyone makes silly mistakes, because there are not use to the conditions and existing pressures associated with it, and also you have to remember the trial exams are harder (i hope :S). Have a little more faith in yourself, because you obviously came first for a good reason, as you are capable of producing good results.

Last edited:

amour

Female
HSC
Look i can't criticise, or anything, because chances are your probably 1000x smarter than me, evident by taking such highly regarded subjects such as this (i'd most likely get 5% haha). The reasons why you won't get a bad mark and why you won't drag your class down come HSC are because: its trials, everyone makes silly mistakes, because there are not use to the conditions and existing pressures associated with it, and also you have to remember the trial exams are harder (i hope :S). Have a little more faith in yourself, because you obviously came first for a good reason, as you are capable of producing good results.
I am decent in maths, but I am sure than I am not "1000x smarter" than you. You are most likely gifted in other areas :) Thankyou for your words of wisdom and advice. I really appreciate your kind words :)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Your mark is a combination of your external mark and the external mark of the personal ranked externally what you are internally.

Lets say this is the scenario
Other guy: 90 Internally 80 exam
You: 89 Internally (can't be 90 or else it's equal first) 95 exam (for example)
Other people have random marks

This means the person coming first gets their external mark (80) and your external mark as their internal (95) for an average of 87.5

You would get your external mark (95) plus the external mark of whoever came second in the exam. This may be someone else, or that person who came first.

The marks are aligned and moderated, but that's an entirely different process.

amour

Female
HSC
Your mark is a combination of your external mark and the external mark of the personal ranked externally what you are internally.

Lets say this is the scenario
Other guy: 90 Internally 80 exam
You: 89 Internally (can't be 90 or else it's equal first) 95 exam (for example)
Other people have random marks

This means the person coming first gets their external mark (80) and your external mark as their internal (95) for an average of 87.5

You would get your external mark (95) plus the external mark of whoever came second in the exam. This may be someone else, or that person who came first.

The marks are aligned and moderated, but that's an entirely different process.
Oh okay, that clears things up! Thanks alot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)