• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What if you fail in one subject and do well in others... but do 10 units (1 Viewer)

Deathless

HSC
What if you fail in one subject and do well in others... but only do 10 units
Say if you do terribly badly in Economics, but its part of your 10 units. What is the best possible ATAR you can get (assuming its below average in Eco) whilst everything else is above average/quite good and one/two state ranks? Would this be roughly be around the 80s or 90s - would it still be possible to get around 95's?

Thanks

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
What if you fail in one subject and do well in others... but only do 10 units
Say if you do terribly badly in Economics, but its part of your 10 units. What is the best possible ATAR you can get (assuming its below average in Eco) whilst everything else is above average/quite good and one/two state ranks? Would this be roughly be around the 80s or 90s - would it still be possible to get around 95's?

Thanks
For heaven's sake, plug it into SAM. No one else can begin to help you with this unless you at the very least tell us what your other subjects are and give us your subject and school ranks. Plus everyone's mileage will vary regarding "average/quite good" and you shouldn't be banking on "one/two" state ranks.

And obviously you don't want to be bombing in Economics if you have ten units, so work on that.

Deathless

HSC
Our school bloody had an economics assessment worth like 30% internal - and I failed that.

I do more than 10 units, I did Physics but dropped it because of subject clash, I dropped German (also becaus eof subject clash) and I'm not doing too well in 3U maths atm or Ext Hist (I havent' even studied or did any work for the upcoming assessment in a few days - I don't really know what to do + I haven't started on the project) so that makes me from 12 to 10.

Also SAM doesn't really help me because I can't load it with my internet browser.

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah, so it's ten units. It was twelve and now it's ten. But that info is still not enough, and no one can tell you anything without more. However you shouldn't be relying on the word of people on this website. If SAM is not working for you there are at least two other options: JUAI or the UMAX calculator. Obviously they are no more accurate than SAM but they'll sure as hell be more accurate than whatever vague answers you'd get here. Here are the links where they can be accessed:

http://community.boredofstudies.org/244/sam-student-assessment-modeller/72197/juaiseek0506.html
UAI Calculator & ATAR Calculator

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)