• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What mouse do you use on your iMac/Macbook? (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just curious waht others are using because my Mum is complaining her Bluetooth Mighty Mouse (aka Apple Mouse) is stuffing up alot because the scroll wheel won't scroll (and yes I've tried all the various ways of cleaning it including tipping it upside down per various forums).

I was looking at the new Magic Mouse but the reviews sound rather mixed. I know she doesn't use Expose hence won't miss the feature however I worry that the mouse won't be comfortable for her. Has anyone here got one? I do like the fact you can scroll anywhere on the surface.

Cheers
ps. It's for Mothers Day.

appletoa

HSC
I just use a relatively cheap ($30 from big w :p) logitech wireless mouse. Works fine for me.
By the way, your mum's current mouse will most likely work again if you take the whole thing apart and clean underneath and around the scroll ball. Be warned though, they don't go back together nicely, you'll most likely end up needing some superglue or something like that.
Don't think there would be that much point in buying the magic mouse unless she would use the multi touch features of it. If she won't be doing so, then you'd be better off spending the money on some other mouse. Only things I would say when looking for a mouse would be to make sure it feels comfortable to use and to (in my opinion at least) get one that the scroll wheel can go from side to side as well as up and down. It's one of those things that you don't realise you like that much until you use a mouse that can't do it...

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Ended up buying the Microsoft Bluetooth mouse for $35 (regular price $45) at JB Hifi. The new Magic Mouse was $99 regular price and I could get it for a few dollars less... but at nearly triple the price of the Microsoft one, I thought there was little to justify this price gouge when my Mum probably wouldn't appreciate it.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Ended up buying the Microsoft Bluetooth mouse for $35 (regular price $45) at JB Hifi. The new Magic Mouse was $99 regular price and I could get it for a few dollars less... but at nearly triple the price of the Microsoft one, I thought there was little to justify this price gouge when my Mum probably wouldn't appreciate it.
Lol price gouging when you bought a iMac?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Hahaha for directly comparable items. The iMac came with a lot of stuff and at current prices, are quite competitive IMO.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
The iMac has brilliant packaging, it is spectacular. If you can build such a PC into the same size unit, more power to you.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
The iMac has brilliant packaging, it is spectacular. If you can build such a PC into the same size unit, more power to you.
I wish i was a hardware engineer.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Ended up buying my Mum the Microsoft Bluetooth Wireless mouse since it was cheap ($35 from memory?)... roughly 1/3 of the Magic Mouse price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)