• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Whats your most stupidist/ most embarrasing / interesting Learner experience? (1 Viewer)

Jiga

^

Well if your slightly behind them your meant to let them in, you can technically be fined for not doing so to someone who is indicating.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Lol that is a good way to die... I remember reading an article where some young guy in the US did a similar thing and died because they missed a turn, turned to harshly for the speed they were going (100km/h), overcorrected, lost control and wrapped themselves around a divider :uhoh:

My only real moment of retardness on my P's was taking a corner in the wet on crappy front tyres to fast, the car understeered big time and I came to a halt less than a metre from the corner of the street... was lucky to cos my car is prity low at the front and it would have resulted in damage.
lol this was my first day on my P's aswell, and grandma was giving instructions on where to go " ahhh...hmmm i think, we turn back there?" me: ...

i doubt i would have killed myself, there worst that would happen is i would mount the gutter and roll along on the grass, maybe hit a poll at about 30kmph if i was breaking really really late.

This girl i know was coming up to her turn[right turn] but there was too much incoming traffic, so she tried to take the turn at 80 to beat the traffic, blew out a tire, slid a little and got T-boned by a 4wd right in the passenger side. Her boyfriend Jeff was hit in the shoulder which was broken pretty severely and he lost a bit of blood...she was untouched.

the lesson? dont let your girlfriend drive.

CieL

HSC
Serius said:
lThis girl i know was coming up to her turn[right turn] but there was too much incoming traffic, so she tried to take the turn at 80 to beat the traffic, blew out a tire, slid a little and got T-boned by a 4wd right in the passenger side. Her boyfriend Jeff was hit in the shoulder which was broken pretty severely and he lost a bit of blood...she was untouched.

the lesson? dont let your girlfriend drive.
Her tyre blew before/during/after her turn?
That's pretty bad...
Did she ever pass her HPT?

Jiga

On the topic of bad women drivers! *insert smilie here but I cant because its not working for me!!!*

I nearly just got rear ended by a chik on her greens, straight bit of road, I had to brake harder than usual but not heaps hard because there was some unusual traffic for the area.... she then hit the brakes hard (no abs) and screeched all the way nearly hitting me, followed by a thick cloud of smoke engulfing my car lol. She was VERY lucky.

Last edited by a moderator:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
CieL said:
Her tyre blew before/during/after her turn?
That's pretty bad...
Did she ever pass her HPT?
optophobia might be reading this right? so err.... her tire blew out *cough*during*cough* the way 2 fast turn, causing the loss of control...
hpt? thats for greens right? negitive ghostrider

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
for me it would ahve to be almost running over an entire group of tourists at a zebra crossing...

thats about it

CieL

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
On the topic of bad women drivers! *insert smilie here but I cant because its not working for me!!!*

I nearly just got rear ended by a chik on her greens, straight bit of road, I had to brake harder than usual but not heaps hard because there was some unusual traffic for the area.... she then hit the brakes hard (no abs) and screeched all the way nearly hitting me, followed by a thick cloud of smoke engulfing my car lol. She was VERY lucky.
Oh wow.

On the topic of bad male drivers.

I had the exact same scenario, cept reverse the genders around. BECAUSE the guy behind me was such a dickhead, he actually DID rear end me due to no ABS and the fact that he was not far from tailgating me.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
LOL why do guys say that?! when the fact is that more males are involved in accidents than females??? :S:S

lala2

Banned
HSC
* Turning right in a no arrow intersection (where you have to wait for traffic going straight or turning left to go first), before the car going straight went!
haha, that happened to me too, at Eastwood. I was really tired for some raeson, and had tunnel vision and focused only on the car ahead and the green lights--didn't see the car coming the other way--luckily my mum grabbed the wheel resulting in only a loud horn at me

Also, my very first time...I didn't know that you had to turn the wheel so much just to turn left, so I turned the wheel about a quarter of the revolution (when you're meant to do a half at least)--and bump! Into the kerb of the junction at which I was going to turn left into. And there were construction fences there--luckily I slammed on the brakes before we made contact with the fences!

And lastly--I confused the brake with the accelerator and so, unfortunately, sped up--and this was when I had had a reasonable amount of experience, I'd say like 20 hours? haha. I hope I'm not one of those people who need 200000 hours to pass their P's test.

P.S. And general confusion at roundabouts--I hate roundabouts. And Give Way signs too. blargh

Last edited:

bizadfar

HSC
Shell said:
LOL why do guys say that?! when the fact is that more males are involved in accidents than females??? :S:S
Disagree. Males have more accident due to overconfidence and dickheadism, mostly from high speed. Now at low speed and more "normal" driving, women are more erratic.

My most embarassing moment was at Edinburgh Rd, to turn left onto Eastern Valley Way. There is a bus lane right there and i always find myself turning into it then realizing i turned in the wrong lane. Done it a few times on my P's too.

CieL

HSC
lala2 said:
haha, that happened to me too, at Eastwood. I was really tired for some raeson, and had tunnel vision and focused only on the car ahead and the green lights--didn't see the car coming the other way--luckily my mum grabbed the wheel resulting in only a loud horn at me

Also, my very first time...I didn't know that you had to turn the wheel so much just to turn left, so I turned the wheel about a quarter of the revolution (when you're meant to do a half at least)--and bump! Into the kerb of the junction at which I was going to turn left into. And there were construction fences there--luckily I slammed on the brakes before we made contact with the fences!

And lastly--I confused the brake with the accelerator and so, unfortunately, sped up--and this was when I had had a reasonable amount of experience, I'd say like 20 hours? haha. I hope I'm not one of those people who need 200000 hours to pass their P's test.

P.S. And general confusion at roundabouts--I hate roundabouts. And Give Way signs too. blargh
Oh dear god.. you drive in my area too..

faintygirl83

HSC
N/A
The stupidist thing I did happened when I was 16 and learning to drive with my dad (I got sick of learning to drive and gave up until recently, but am going fine now!)...we were coming up to a round-about and I said to my dad "straight ahead?" as he was directing me where to go, and he said "yeah, straight over" and I said "straight over?!" and he said "yeah!" so I drove straight over the round-about :burn: . There weren't any other cars around and it was just a quiet back street, so it wasn't unsafe, just stupid for me taking what my dad said so literally.

I take things pretty literally- so that is an example my dad likes to share with everyone to this day. The last time we drove past the round-about, I instructed him to drive straight over it, and he did...hahaha

CieL

HSC
^
AHAHAHAHAHAH that's fkn hilarious..

Whilst I was reading (before I got to what actually happened), I thought to myself.. "noooo.. she didnt!!" and you DID!!

But dont you observe how people drive?

I remember when I was little, I used to sit in the passenger or the middle back seat.. watching how my parents drive.. then pretend I have an imaginary steering wheel and copy my parent's hand movements of how far they turn the wheel and how they turn the wheel.............. ok, I just realised that sounded preeetttty gay

faintygirl83

HSC
N/A
CieL said:
^
AHAHAHAHAHAH that's fkn hilarious..

Whilst I was reading (before I got to what actually happened), I thought to myself.. "noooo.. she didnt!!" and you DID!!

But dont you observe how people drive?

I remember when I was little, I used to sit in the passenger or the middle back seat.. watching how my parents drive.. then pretend I have an imaginary steering wheel and copy my parent's hand movements of how far they turn the wheel and how they turn the wheel.............. ok, I just realised that sounded preeetttty gay
Hahaha...I did know about round-abouts at the time (but was very new to driving as an L Plater), and when I questioned the direction my dad gave, he said 'straight over' pretty adamantly for the 2nd time, so thats what I did...hahaha.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I thought the same thing when I read that and actually giggled when I read it as I have a mate who tells that joke about a driving instructor telling a student to go straight through and that's what the did, the truth of the joke is probably questionable and depends on the situation but still.

But like Ciel said you don't see everyone that needs to go straight through going straight over the top so um yes. Although I guess being a new L plater you basically listen and do everything your told. Must of been one of those low to the ground roundabouts or where you in a big car?

faintygirl83

HSC
N/A
pritnep said:
I thought the same thing when I read that and actually giggled when I read it as I have a mate who tells that joke about a driving instructor telling a student to go straight through and that's what the did, the truth of the joke is probably questionable and depends on the situation but still.

But like Ciel said you don't see everyone that needs to go straight through going straight over the top so um yes. Although I guess being a new L plater you basically listen and do everything your told. Must of been one of those low to the ground roundabouts or where you in a big car?
Yeah it was only a small roundabout, and I was driving a stationwagon. I was just obeying orders...hahaha

HSC
Hmm Embarrassing driving moments?

Well this one is just stupid-

last week when i was going to work (mind u was day after i broke up with my bf of 2 years) I was changing lanes, looked in the rear view mirror and side mirror but didnt actually turn my head and nearly killed a motor bike rider. now i make sure i ALWAYS check. He was only on his red p's too, so nearly killed a 17 year old kid

L

littlewing69

Shell said:

For every crash involving a male driver, there is a nagging woman in the passenger seat.

a-m-e-e-e

HSC
The first time I got in my mum's car to drive I backed out of our driveway and though our neighbour's fence, knocking it over and nearly going straight into their garage..... I panicked and got the accelerator and the brake mixed up so I was going really fast!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)